Any tips on how to thicken hot dog chili?

Lego

Culinary Explorer
My hot dog chili always ends up a bit runny. Does anyone have a foolproof method for thickening it? Would love to get some tips to perfect my recipe! 🍲

My hot dog chili always ends up a bit runny. Does anyone have a foolproof method for thickening it? Would love to get some tips to perfect my recipe! 🍲

No doubt about that, try simmering for a while till the liquid reduces or mix a slurry made of corn starch and cold water with it to make it thicker without spoiling the flavor. This has always worked well for me. 🍲👌

A good tip is to let your chili simmer uncovered for a bit. This will reduce the liquid and thicken it naturally. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn’t dry out! 🔥🥣

What I like about on how I thicken my hot dog chili by mashing up some beans or finely chopping veggies like carrots or bell peppers can help thicken the chili and add some extra nutrition. 👌😉👍✨

No doubt about that, try simmering for a while till the liquid reduces or mix a slurry made of corn starch and cold water with it to make it thicker without spoiling the flavor. This has always worked well for me. 🍲👌
great tips! Simmering always does the trick for me too, and the cornstarch slurry is a game-changer. Thanks for sharing! 🍲🙌😊

Back