A Classic Italian Pasta Dish "Aglio Olio"

GsauceCries

Novice Foodie
The main key in creating this meal is "Simplicity". This dish was considered as a poor man's dish due to its lack of meat or seafood in the old times thus the title itself translates to Aglio(Garlic) and Olio(Oil) which are simple and always available kinds of ingredients in any kitchen. As everything is evolving, so as food. That's why nowadays you can see a lot of different takes in this dish whether it's seafood, meat or mushroom Aglio Olio.

Here's my approach in this simple and classic Dish for a Quick and Easy home version.

Aglio Olio.PNG

Approximately Serves 2 People

Here are my Ingredients:

200g spaghetti or your choice of pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
150g mixed cleaned seafood (such as shrimp, calamari, and/or mussels) or you can use mushrooms for a vegetarian take or Meat depending on your preference.
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)

Instructions:

Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and set aside.

In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and sauté for about 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.

Add the mixed seafood to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with the chopped parsley. Toss everything together, adding a splash of reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.

Serve the Aglio Olio hot, topped with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

Enjoy your easy and yummy Aglio Olio that you can pair with any garlic bread you have!

Wow, your Aglio Olio looks absolutely delicious! The pasta looks perfectly cooked and coated in that flavorful garlic and olive oil sauce. I can almost smell the aroma through the screen!

Grateful that I found this recipe! Thank you for sharing classic Italian Pasta Dish recipe. I actually followed this recipe and it turned out great. :p

Back