A French Onion Soup Recipe for Two 🍲♨️

beni

Tasty Apprentice
My girlfriend surprised me with the most delicious French Onion Soup I have ever tasted, and I just had to share the recipe with all of you. It's absolutely the best thing I've ever had! The combination of the rich, caramelized onions and the savory broth is just out of this world. I can't get enough of it! Trust me, you need to try making this at home. It's perfect for a cozy night in or to impress your friends and family. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Ingredients:
French Onion Soup.jpg

• 4 medium white onions, thinly julienned
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 tablespoons of beef Better Than Bouillon (or beef broth)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 small baguette, sliced and toasted
  • Gruyere cheese, grated
  • Parmesan cheese, grated
  • Finely chopped chives, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the thinly julienned onions and sauté until soft and translucent.
  2. Continue cooking the onions until they start to brown and caramelize, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. This may take around 20-30 minutes.
  3. Once the onions are caramelized, sprinkle the flour over them and stir until fully incorporated. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to cook off the raw flavor of the flour.
  4. Gradually add the water to the onions, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Dissolve the beef Better Than Bouillon in the water before adding it to the onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Allow the soup to simmer over medium-low heat until it reaches your desired thickness, stirring occasionally. This may take about 20-30 minutes.
  6. While the soup simmers, preheat your broiler. Arrange the toasted baguette slices on a baking sheet.
  7. Sprinkle the grated Gruyere and Parmesan cheese over the toasted baguette slices. Place them under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
  8. Once the soup has reached your desired thickness, ladle it into oven-safe ramekins. Top each ramekin with a few pieces of the cheesy baguette slices.
  9. Return the filled ramekins to the broiler and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
  10. Garnish the French onion soup with finely chopped chives before serving.
Let me know if you give it a try! Happy cooking, everyone!

Oh, I'm definitely giving this a go! 🥣🇫🇷 A French Onion Soup Recipe for Two? Count me in! 🍲♨️ Thanks a bunch for sharing—I can already smell those caramelized onions and savory broth! 😋👌
You're welcome! Excited to hear you're trying the French Onion Soup for two. Enjoy the savory goodness, it's perfect for a cozy night in! 😋👌 Bon appétit!

My girlfriend surprised me with the most delicious French Onion Soup I have ever tasted, and I just had to share the recipe with all of you. It's absolutely the best thing I've ever had! The combination of the rich, caramelized onions and the savory broth is just out of this world. I can't get enough of it! Trust me, you need to try making this at home. It's perfect for a cozy night in or to impress your friends and family. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Ingredients:View attachment 1257
  • 4 medium white onions, thinly julienned
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 tablespoons of beef Better Than Bouillon (or beef broth)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 small baguette, sliced and toasted
  • Gruyere cheese, grated
  • Parmesan cheese, grated
  • Finely chopped chives, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the thinly julienned onions and sauté until soft and translucent.
  2. Continue cooking the onions until they start to brown and caramelize, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. This may take around 20-30 minutes.
  3. Once the onions are caramelized, sprinkle the flour over them and stir until fully incorporated. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to cook off the raw flavor of the flour.
  4. Gradually add the water to the onions, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Dissolve the beef Better Than Bouillon in the water before adding it to the onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Allow the soup to simmer over medium-low heat until it reaches your desired thickness, stirring occasionally. This may take about 20-30 minutes.
  6. While the soup simmers, preheat your broiler. Arrange the toasted baguette slices on a baking sheet.
  7. Sprinkle the grated Gruyere and Parmesan cheese over the toasted baguette slices. Place them under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
  8. Once the soup has reached your desired thickness, ladle it into oven-safe ramekins. Top each ramekin with a few pieces of the cheesy baguette slices.
  9. Return the filled ramekins to the broiler and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
  10. Garnish the French onion soup with finely chopped chives before serving.
Let me know if you give it a try! Happy cooking, everyone!
Wow! Your soup sounds super yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I'm excited to try it at home and share with my family!

Wow! Your soup sounds super yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I'm excited to try it at home and share with my family!
You're welcome! So glad you're pumped to make the soup! Homemade meals with fam are the best. Hope it brings all the warm and fuzzy feels. Enjoy every bite! Happy cooking! 🥣🏠

Back