A Hearty and Comforting Caldo de Res

cheffyyow

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! My parents have been craving their favorite comfort food lately ..So, I thought I'd share our family recipe with you all, in case you're looking for a delicious and comforting meal to enjoy too πŸ₯°πŸ€—
Caldo_de_Res.jpg

🍲 Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds beef shank or beef chuck, cut into chunks
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tomatoes, quartered
  • 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 ears of corn, husked and cut into thirds
  • 1 zucchini, sliced
  • 1 chayote squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
  • 1/2 head of cabbage, cored and chopped
  • 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Lime wedges, for serving
  • Warm tortillas or crusty bread, for serving

🍲 Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, combine the beef chunks, quartered onion, minced garlic, quartered tomatoes, and enough water to cover everything. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer, uncovered, for about 1 hour, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
  3. After an hour, add the carrots, potatoes, and corn to the pot. Continue to simmer the soup for another 30 minutes, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
  4. Add the sliced zucchini, chunks of chayote squash, and chopped cabbage to the pot. Let the soup simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are cooked through.
  5. Season the Caldo de Res with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped cilantro, reserving some for garnish.
  6. Ladle the hot soup into bowls and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Serve the Caldo de Res piping hot, with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the soup.
Enjoy this hearty and comforting dish with warm tortillas or crusty bread on the side for dipping. It's sure to warm your heart and soul with every spoonful! πŸ₯£πŸŒ½πŸ₯©

Hey everyone! My parents have been craving their favorite comfort food lately ..So, I thought I'd share our family recipe with you all, in case you're looking for a delicious and comforting meal to enjoy too πŸ₯°πŸ€—
View attachment 2841

🍲 Ingredients:
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2 tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 zucchini, sliced

🍲 Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, combine the beef chunks, quartered onion, minced garlic, quartered tomatoes, and enough water to cover everything. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer, uncovered, for about 1 hour, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
  3. After an hour, add the carrots, potatoes, and corn to the pot. Continue to simmer the soup for another 30 minutes, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
  4. Add the sliced zucchini, chunks of chayote squash, and chopped cabbage to the pot. Let the soup simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are cooked through.
  5. Season the Caldo de Res with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped cilantro, reserving some for garnish.
  6. Ladle the hot soup into bowls and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Serve the Caldo de Res piping hot, with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the soup.
Enjoy this hearty and comforting dish with warm tortillas or crusty bread on the side for dipping. It's sure to warm your heart and soul with every spoonful! πŸ₯£πŸŒ½πŸ₯©
Hey there! That's really admirable of you to offer family recipe; definitely my next destination after getting mine from grandma. Comfort food always gets me on a win-win, and more so now that I am back at my mom’s kitchen. I can't wait to test this recipe! 🀩

Wow, your family's caldo de res recipe looks absolutely mouthwatering! It's got all the hearty ingredients for a comforting meal, perfect for warming up on a chilly day. I can almost smell the aroma of those simmering spices and vegetablesπŸ₯£πŸ–

View attachment 2841

🍲 Ingredients:
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2 tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 zucchini, sliced

🍲 Instructions:
Caldo de Res is such a comforting dish, especially on a chilly day! The combination of beef, vegetables, and savory broth sounds delicious and hearty. It's perfect for warming up and satisfying your hunger. Can't wait to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

Back