A Recipe of Purple Sweet Potato Pastries 🍠⋆˚✿˖°

dttodot

Culinary Explorer
I was doing my own thing at the farmer's market when BAM 💥! I was struck by the sight of these beautiful purple sweet potatoes. And that's when it dawned on me: I needed to share my Purple Sweet Potato Pastries recipe with the world. Prepare for some flaky, sweet, earthy bliss! Let's plunge in! 🍠🥐

Ingredients:
1.jpg
  • For the oil skin:​
  • 44g clarified butter​
  • 145g all-purpose flour​
  • 24g powdered sugar​
  • 55g water​
For the oil pastry:​
  • 60g clarified butter​
  • 120g cake flour​
  • 30g purple sweet potato powder​
For the filling:​
  • 24g mung bean paste per pastry, shaped into round balls​
  • Some egg yolk​
  • A handful of black sesame seeds​
Directions:​
  1. Preheat oven at 375°F (190°C).​
  2. To make the oil skin, put the flour, sugar, and butter in a mixer and mix until a smooth and glossy dough is formed. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.​
  3. To make the oil pastry, put the flour, butter, and sweet potato powder on a clean countertop. With a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Shape the dough into a long strip and divide into 12 equal portions. Shape them into small round balls.​
  4. Lightly press the rested oil skin dough and divide into 12 equal portions. Shape into small round balls.​
  5. Lightly pat the oil skin balls into flat circles and wrap the purple oil pastry balls inside. Let them rest for ten minutes.​
  6. Gently roll each piece into a long strip, then roll it up and let it rest for another 20 minutes. Repeat this process one more time.​
  7. Roll the rested pastry into flat circles. Wrap each circle around a mung bean paste ball. Press flat and use scissors to make 12 cuts around the edges. Gently twist each "petal" sideways to show the filling.​
  8. Place the pastries on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Brush the center with some egg yolk and sprinkle black sesame seeds. Bake for another 15 minutes.​
Feel free to experiment with the presentation or add your own spin to the filling, such as a sprinkling of nuts or a drizzle of honey. These pastries are a delicious way to highlight the distinct flavor and beautiful color of purple sweet potatoes, and I hope they bring as much joy to your kitchen as they do mine! ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀ˉ͈́ )✧​

I was doing my own thing at the farmer's market when BAM 💥! I was struck by the sight of these beautiful purple sweet potatoes. And that's when it dawned on me: I needed to share my Purple Sweet Potato Pastries recipe with the world. Prepare for some flaky, sweet, earthy bliss! Let's plunge in! 🍠🥐

Ingredients:View attachment 2579
  • For the oil skin:​
  • 44g clarified butter​
  • 145g all-purpose flour​
  • 24g powdered sugar​
  • 55g water​
For the oil pastry:​
  • 60g clarified butter​
  • 120g cake flour​
  • 30g purple sweet potato powder​
For the filling:​
  • 24g mung bean paste per pastry, shaped into round balls​
  • Some egg yolk​
  • A handful of black sesame seeds​
Directions:​
  1. Preheat oven at 375°F (190°C).​
  2. To make the oil skin, put the flour, sugar, and butter in a mixer and mix until a smooth and glossy dough is formed. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.​
  3. To make the oil pastry, put the flour, butter, and sweet potato powder on a clean countertop. With a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Shape the dough into a long strip and divide into 12 equal portions. Shape them into small round balls.​
  4. Lightly press the rested oil skin dough and divide into 12 equal portions. Shape into small round balls.​
  5. Lightly pat the oil skin balls into flat circles and wrap the purple oil pastry balls inside. Let them rest for ten minutes.​
  6. Gently roll each piece into a long strip, then roll it up and let it rest for another 20 minutes. Repeat this process one more time.​
  7. Roll the rested pastry into flat circles. Wrap each circle around a mung bean paste ball. Press flat and use scissors to make 12 cuts around the edges. Gently twist each "petal" sideways to show the filling.​
  8. Place the pastries on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Brush the center with some egg yolk and sprinkle black sesame seeds. Bake for another 15 minutes.​
Feel free to experiment with the presentation or add your own spin to the filling, such as a sprinkling of nuts or a drizzle of honey. These pastries are a delicious way to highlight the distinct flavor and beautiful color of purple sweet potatoes, and I hope they bring as much joy to your kitchen as they do mine! ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀ˉ͈́ )✧​
Purple sweet potato pastries sound intriguing! I've never tried making them before, but I'm definitely interested in giving it a shot. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

These purple sweet potato pastries look absolutely delightful! 😍 I love how vibrant and unique they are. The combination of colors and flavors must make them a real treat for the taste buds. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and add some colorful sweetness to my baking routine! Thanks for sharing! 🥧✨

Wow, purple sweet potato pastries! 🤩 They look amazing! Can't wait to bake a batch! 🥮 Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🙌
Purple sweet potato pastries sound intriguing! I've never tried making them before, but I'm definitely interested in giving it a shot. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These purple sweet potato pastries look absolutely delightful! 😍 I love how vibrant and unique they are. The combination of colors and flavors must make them a real treat for the taste buds. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and add some colorful sweetness to my baking routine! Thanks for sharing! 🥧✨
I'm so happy the Purple Sweet Potato Pastries recipe has piqued your interest! With their vivid purple color and mouthwatering taste, they are definitely a special and enjoyable delicacy. Your baking routine will definitely become more colorful and delicious after making a batch of these pastries, and I hope you love the process just as much as the finished product. I appreciate your passion; have fun baking! 🤩🐧🍠

Back