African Peanut Stew Recipe

doebadie

Culinary Explorer
African-peanut-stew-with-meat-IP-option-6.jpg

African Peanut Stew is a comforting and hearty dish that’s packed with flavor and nutrition. I recently made this stew, and the combination of creamy peanut butter, vegetables, and spices creates a rich and satisfying meal. It’s perfect for a cozy dinner and is quite easy to whip up. Let’s get into the recipe! 🥘

Ingredients:​

• 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or peanut oil)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 1-2 carrots, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes (with juice)
  • 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
  • 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
  • 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten-free option)
  • 1-2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, for heat)
  • 1 cup kale or spinach (chopped)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Sauté the Aromatics: In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add the minced garlic and grated ginger, cooking for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  2. Add the Vegetables: Stir in the diced carrots, bell pepper, and sweet potato. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften.
  3. Incorporate Tomatoes and Broth: Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), vegetable broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ground cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
  4. Simmer the Stew: Reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potato and carrots are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
  5. Add Greens: Once the vegetables are tender, stir in the chopped kale or spinach. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the greens are wilted and tender.
  6. Season and Serve: Taste the stew and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.

This African Peanut Stew is a warm and nourishing dish that’s perfect for any day of the week. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and full of delicious flavors, making it a fantastic option for everyone to enjoy. Pair it with rice or bread, and you have a complete meal! Enjoy! 😊

That sounds amazing! 😍 I love the idea of creamy peanut butter in a stew! Can’t wait to try it out for a cozy dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🥜✨

View attachment 6523

African Peanut Stew is a comforting and hearty dish that’s packed with flavor and nutrition. I recently made this stew, and the combination of creamy peanut butter, vegetables, and spices creates a rich and satisfying meal. It’s perfect for a cozy dinner and is quite easy to whip up. Let’s get into the recipe! 🥘

• 1 onion, chopped
  • 1-2 carrots, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1-2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika

1. Sauté the Aromatics: In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add the minced garlic and grated ginger, cooking for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  2. Add the Vegetables: Stir in the diced carrots, bell pepper, and sweet potato. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften.
  3. Incorporate Tomatoes and Broth: Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), vegetable broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ground cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
  4. Simmer the Stew: Reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potato and carrots are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
  5. Add Greens: Once the vegetables are tender, stir in the chopped kale or spinach. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the greens are wilted and tender.
  6. Season and Serve: Taste the stew and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.

This African Peanut Stew is a warm and nourishing dish that’s perfect for any day of the week. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and full of delicious flavors, making it a fantastic option for everyone to enjoy. Pair it with rice or bread, and you have a complete meal! Enjoy! 😊
I love African Peanut Stew! I think it’s so hearty and comforting, though I sometimes add sweet potatoes for extra sweetness! 🍠❤️

View attachment 6523

• 1 onion, chopped
  • 1-2 carrots, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1-2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika

4. Simmer the Stew: Reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potato and carrots are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. 케이케이데이 할인코드

This is a delicious spicy stew you can make with either oxtail or chicken thigh. Nice earthy flavors with a hint of peanut in the background.
Served well with hard boiled eggs and rice and always a good bread of your choice.

I spent literally years searching and testing recipes to find the best and this is it! My search is over. Best balance of spices and a good flavor. My search is over. :giggle::giggle:(y)

Back