Alfajores

Mystique

Novice Foodie
Ah, let me take you on a sweet journey to Argentina with a dessert that holds a special place in my heart - Alfajores! 🇦🇷😋 These delightful treats are like little clouds of joy sandwiched between layers of melt-in-your-mouth goodness. 🌟🍪

Alfajores.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup cornstarch
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Dulce de leche, for filling
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
Procedure:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl, sift together the cornstarch, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
  6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
  7. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles of dough, then transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
  8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
  9. Let the cookies cool completely, then spread a generous layer of dulce de leche on the bottom side of half of the cookies.
  10. Sandwich the filled cookies with the remaining plain cookies to form Alfajores.
  11. Dust the tops of the Alfajores with powdered sugar before serving.
These Alfajores are a delightful treat for any occasion because they are the ideal balance of buttery biscuits and creamy dulce de leche. 🥰 With each bite, they will take you back to the lively streets of Argentina, whether you have them with coffee or as a sweet treat at the end of a meal! 🌆🍬

Oh, Alfajores! Your recipe has got me craving these heavenly treats already. I can practically taste the delicate crumbly texture and sweet dulce de leche filling. Have you ever experimented with different fillings or variations?😍

Back