Amish Macaroni Salad Recipe

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
Amish-Macaroni-Salad-Image 1 (2).JPG

I recently tried an Amish macaroni salad recipe, and it was a hit at our last family gathering. The creamy, tangy dressing pairs perfectly with the crunch of vegetables, making it a delightful side dish. Here’s how you can make it:

Ingredients:​

• 2 cups elbow macaroni
  • 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Cook the Macaroni: Start by cooking the elbow macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
  2. Prepare the Dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, celery seed, and black pepper until smooth and well combined.
  3. Combine the Ingredients: Add the cooled macaroni, chopped eggs, celery, onion, and red pepper to the dressing. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
  4. Chill and Serve: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully.
This Amish macaroni salad is a fantastic addition to any picnic, barbecue, or potluck. It's simple to make, and the blend of flavors and textures is just right. Enjoy!

This Amish Macaroni Salad looks like the ultimate comfort food! 🍲👌 The creamy and tangy flavors are spot on. Can’t wait to try making it—thanks for the delicious recipe! 😋

View attachment 4984

I recently tried an Amish macaroni salad recipe, and it was a hit at our last family gathering. The creamy, tangy dressing pairs perfectly with the crunch of vegetables, making it a delightful side dish. Here’s how you can make it:

• 2 cups elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Cook the Macaroni: Start by cooking the elbow macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
  2. Prepare the Dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, celery seed, and black pepper until smooth and well combined.
  3. Combine the Ingredients: Add the cooled macaroni, chopped eggs, celery, onion, and red pepper to the dressing. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
  4. Chill and Serve: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully.
This Amish macaroni salad is a fantastic addition to any picnic, barbecue, or potluck. It's simple to make, and the blend of flavors and textures is just right. Enjoy!
For Amish macaroni salad, I think the key is a good balance of mayo, vinegar, and sugar in the dressing. It’s usually mixed with pasta and veggies, though the exact ingredients can vary! 🥗👌

View attachment 4984

• 2 cups elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

This Amish macaroni salad recipe is a classic! 🥗 The ingredients look perfect for a summer BBQ. I usually add a little extra pickle juice for a tangy kick. Anyone else tweak their recipe?

Oh wow, your Amish macaroni salad sounds delish! Thanks for sharing the deets... I'm totally trying this at my next fam gathering! The crunchy veggies with that creamy dressing are bound to be a hit. 🤩 Thanks for the awesome suggestion!

Back