Any idea why my beef in beef and broccoli ends up tough?

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Caution: Cooking disaster ahead! 🥦🥩 Need some help here – my beef in beef and broccoli keeps turning out tough! 🥩⚠️ I've tried different cooking methods, but it never seems to get tender. 🤷‍♀️ Any tips or tricks to ensure tender, melt-in-your-mouth beef every time? Please, help me salvage my diner for tonight! 😢

Caution: Cooking disaster ahead! 🥦🥩 Need some help here – my beef in beef and broccoli keeps turning out tough! 🥩⚠️ I've tried different cooking methods, but it never seems to get tender. 🤷‍♀️ Any tips or tricks to ensure tender, melt-in-your-mouth beef every time? Please, help me salvage my diner for tonight! 😢
I've had success with tender beef in beef and broccoli! Though, I think using a more tender cut of beef like flank or sirloin steak might yield better results. 🥩🥦

I've had that issue before, and I think it happens when the beef is cooked too long. Though, another factor might be not marinating the beef beforehand, which can help tenderize it. 🕒

For tender beef and broccoli, select cuts like flank steak, sirloin, or tenderloin, thinly slice against the grain, marinate, and use a velveting technique. 🥩🥦. Quick high-heat stir-fry and add back at the right time to enjoy flavorful beef.

Your beef might end up tough if it's overcooked or sliced against the grain; try cooking it for a shorter time and slicing it thinly against the grain for a more tender result. 🥩🥦

Back