Any tips for dealing with super sticky French bread dough?

Dom

Culinary Explorer
Hi there, baking buddies! 🥖 I’m wrestling with some seriously sticky French bread dough over here. 🤦‍♂️ Every time I try to shape it, I end up in a sticky mess. Does anyone have any pro tips or tricks to make handling it easier? Your advice would be a game-changer! Thanks in advance! 🙌✨

Feel your pain 😩 Sticky French bread dough can be a beast so try wetting your hands a little bit before shaping.. You can also flour your work surface lightly, but don't overdo it or you'll mess with the texture 😉

Oh, that sticky French bread dough can be a handful! 😅 Try dusting your hands and work surface with flour or oil to help manage it. Some bakers also swear by letting the dough rest for a bit to relax the gluten before kneading again. Ever tried any of these tricks?

Dealing with sticky French bread dough? Try adding a bit more flour gradually or oiling your hands and work surface. Patience and a light touch can help tame the stickiness! 🥖💪

Feel your pain 😩 Sticky French bread dough can be a beast so try wetting your hands a little bit before shaping.. You can also flour your work surface lightly, but don't overdo it or you'll mess with the texture 😉
Thanks for the tip! I’ll give it a shot next time I tackle that sticky dough. 🙏💪 Hopefully, it’ll help me avoid the messy ordeal! 🍞✨

Taming sticky French bread dough is all about patience and a light touch - try dusting your hands and work surface with flour, using a bench scraper to handle the dough, and avoiding over-kneading to maintain its texture and rise. It's like wrangling a playful puppy - firm but gentle! 🍞🐾

Back