Any tips for thickening raspberry jam?

isekaikigai

Novice Foodie
Hey there! 🍓 So, I've been experimenting with making raspberry jam, and I can't seem to get that perfect thickness. Do you have any secret tips or techniques for thickening raspberry jam? I'd love to hear your suggestions and give them a try! Thanks a bunch! 🥄

Adding a small amount of cornstarch mixed with water might do the trick, though stir it in gently. 🌽

Sure thing! One trick that worked for me is using a bit of pectin to help with the thickening process. Try adding it during the cooking phase, and it should give your jam a nice consistency. 🍓 Another tip is to cook the raspberries longer to evaporate more moisture, which helps in achieving that desired thickness. See how they work for you! Good luck with your raspberry jam adventure!

Hey there! 🍓 So, I've been experimenting with making raspberry jam, and I can't seem to get that perfect thickness. Do you have any secret tips or techniques for thickening raspberry jam? I'd love to hear your suggestions and give them a try! Thanks a bunch! 🥄
Hey! 🍇 I feel you! Try adding a bit of lemon juice for natural pectin, or if you're cool with it, use a pinch of cornstarch or chia seeds for that extra thick vibe. 😉 Keep experimenting, you'll get it! Thanks for the suggestion!

Adding chia seeds works great for me! I think it’s a healthy way to thicken jam, though it does give a slightly different texture. 🌱

To thicken raspberry jam, try adding a bit of pectin, cooking it longer to reduce more liquid, or incorporating lemon juice to enhance natural pectin levels. 🥄🍓

Back