Any Tips on How Long to Soak Dal?

Kurt

Culinary Explorer
Hey, cooking gurus! 🌱💧 Any advice on how long to soak dal before cooking? 🤔 I'm aiming for that perfect texture and taste, and I'd love to hear your tried-and-tested soaking times! Let's share our dal-soaking secrets! 🥄👩‍🍳

Hey, cooking gurus! 🌱💧 Any advice on how long to soak dal before cooking? 🤔 I'm aiming for that perfect texture and taste, and I'd love to hear your tried-and-tested soaking times! Let's share our dal-soaking secrets! 🥄👩‍🍳
Soaking times for dals vary based on type. Smaller dals soak for 1-2 hours, while larger ones need overnight soaking. Experiment for best results! Happy cooking! 🌱💧🥄👩‍🍳

Hi. What dal arae you using by the way? Duration will depend on the type of dal like Toor Dal for 30 minutes to 1 hour and Chana Dal for 1 to 2 hours. Feel free to inform me. :)

Soaking dal for an hour is usually enough, but you can go up to 4 hours for a softer texture. Just remember to rinse it well before cooking!

Back