Any tips on how to keep cornbread from falling apart?

pato2ya

Novice Foodie
My cornbread always ends up crumbling apart! Does anyone have tips or tricks to keep it together? Really need to fix this issue! 🤔🍞

I use buttermilk because it adds moisture and a slight tang, which helps in keeping the cornbread from drying out and falling apart. 😉🙂👌✨

To keep cornbread from falling apart, try using buttermilk, adding an extra egg, mixing gently, and letting it cool completely before cutting. 😋

My cornbread always ends up crumbling apart! Does anyone have tips or tricks to keep it together? Really need to fix this issue! 🤔🍞
Crumbly cornbread blues? Don't toss it! Try these fixes: add a touch more flour for structure, bind it with an egg yolk, don't overdo the fat, let the batter rest, and avoid overbaking for a moist and magnificent result!

To keep cornbread from falling apart, try adding a bit more liquid to the batter to ensure it's adequately moistened. Additionally, avoid overmixing the batter, as this can lead to a denser texture. Finally, allow the cornbread to cool slightly before slicing to help it set.

Back