Any tips on how to keep my bûche de Noël from cracking?

Xeth_

Tasty Apprentice
I’m aiming to make the perfect bûche de Noël but worried about it cracking. Does anyone have tricks or advice to prevent this? Would love to hear your secrets! 🌟🎂

Hey there! To keep your bûche de Noël from cracking, make sure to roll it while it's still warm and pliable. You can also use a damp kitchen towel to help with the rolling. Another tip is to spread the filling gently and evenly to avoid any pressure points. Good luck, and happy baking!

I’m aiming to make the perfect bûche de Noël but worried about it cracking. Does anyone have tricks or advice to prevent this? Would love to hear your secrets! 🌟🎂
To prevent cracks in your bûche de Noël, make sure the sponge cake is completely cooled before filling and rolling, use a thin layer of filling, and gently roll up the log using parchment paper for support. 🎄🎂

To keep your bûche de Noël from cracking, make sure the sponge cake is evenly rolled while still warm, use a flexible baking mat to prevent sticking, and chill the cake thoroughly before frosting to help it hold its shape. 🎂✨

Back