Any tricks to stop M&Ms from bleeding colors in cookies?

Lego

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I'm trying to keep the colors of M&Ms from running in my cookies. Has anyone figured out a way to avoid this? Looking for your expert tips! 🌈

Hey everyone, I'm trying to keep the colors of M&Ms from running in my cookies. Has anyone figured out a way to avoid this? Looking for your expert tips! 🌈
M&M bleeding in cookies? Here's the trick: Chill those M&Ms! Pop them in the freezer for about 15 minutes before mixing them into your dough. The cold temperature helps them hold their shape better while baking. Happy colorful baking!

To prevent M&M colors from bleeding in cookies, try coating them lightly in flour before folding them into the cookie dough to help absorb excess moisture.✨❤️

To prevent M&M colors from bleeding in cookies, try coating them lightly in flour before folding them into the cookie dough to help absorb excess moisture.✨❤️
I disagree with coating M&Ms in flour because it can change the texture. I prefer freezing them before adding to the dough to keep the colors intact. ❄️🍪

I usually freeze my M&Ms for a few minutes before adding them to the dough, and it seems to help. I've also heard that tossing them in a bit of cornstarch can create a barrier to prevent bleeding, but I haven't tried that myself. 😅

Back