Apple Cider Braised Brisket

Chiyah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey, Everyone! Looking for a new dish for your family dinner? I will share you my recipe that my family loves to eat everytime I made it. 👌😋😉😋

Ingredients:​

• 3-4 pounds beef brisket
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 onions, thinly sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups apple cider
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste

Instructions:​

1. Preheat the Oven:​

1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).

2. Season the Brisket:​

1. Season the brisket generously with salt and pepper on both sides.

3. Sear the Brisket:​

1. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or oven-safe pot over medium-high heat.
  2. Once hot, add the brisket to the pot and sear on all sides until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the brisket from the pot and set aside.

4. Saute the Aromatics:​

1. In the same pot, add the sliced onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.

5. Deglaze the Pot:​

1. Pour in the apple cider and beef broth, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.

6. Add Flavorings:​

1. Stir in bay leaves, dried thyme, dried rosemary, paprika, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves.
  2. Add Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and tomato paste, stirring until well combined.

7. Braise the Brisket:​

1. Return the seared brisket to the pot, nestling it into the liquid and aromatics.
  2. Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
  3. Braise the brisket for about 3-4 hours, or until it is fork-tender. Check periodically and add more broth if needed to keep the brisket moist.

8. Serve:​

1. Once the brisket is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
  2. Slice the brisket against the grain and serve it with the braising liquid spooned over the top.

9. Enjoy:​

• Serve the apple cider braised brisket with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or crusty bread. Enjoy the tender and flavorful meat!
Feel to free to adjust the apple cider vinegar on how your preference like and let me know your thought if you have try them 👌😋🥰✨

apple cider brikste.jpeg

I didn't know apple cider vinegar could be used like this! I can't wait to try this one for the next dinner with my friends. 😆 (y)

Heyy! The combination of apple cider and spices must give the brisket such a unique flavor. I can't wait to try this out for my next family dinner!😋

Apple cider braised brisket? That's a flavor combo I've gotta taste! Love how you're mixing things up in the kitchen. Can't wait to try this cozy dish for a hearty meal. Thanks for sharing your recipe! 🌟

Thank you for sharing your Apple Cider Braised Brisket recipe! 🍏🥩 It looks absolutely mouthwatering and perfect for a cozy, comforting meal. The idea of braising brisket in apple cider sounds like a fantastic way to infuse it with a rich, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the tender meat. I can't wait to try it out! Do you have any tips for achieving the perfect braise or any suggestions for side dishes that complement this delicious dish? Excited to serve this up at my next family dinner! 🍽️✨

Back