Authentic Birria Tacos Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
birria-tacos-recipe.jpg

I recently made authentic birria tacos, and they were incredible! The rich, savory flavors and tender meat make these tacos a real treat. If you're in the mood for something special, you’ve got to try this recipe.

Authentic Birria Tacos Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
  • 3 dried guajillo chiles
  • 2 dried ancho chiles
  • 2 dried pasilla chiles
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Corn tortillas
  • Chopped onions and cilantro for garnish
  • Lime wedges

Instructions:​

1. Prep the chiles: Remove the stems and seeds from the dried chiles. Soak them in hot water for about 15 minutes until they soften.
  2. Blend the sauce: In a blender, combine the softened chiles, chopped onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, and a cup of beef broth. Blend until smooth.
  3. Cook the meat: Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper. In a large pot, brown the meat on all sides. Pour the blended sauce over the meat, add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and remaining beef broth.
  4. Simmer: Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender and shreds easily.
  5. Assemble the tacos: Heat the corn tortillas on a skillet. Fill them with the shredded meat and top with chopped onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Making these birria tacos was a delicious adventure, and they were a huge hit at dinner. Give this recipe a try, and I bet you'll love it too! 🌮✨

That sounds fantastic! 🌮🔥 Authentic birria tacos are such a treat. I’m definitely adding this to my must-try list. Thanks for sharing! 😍👌

These birria tacos look insanely good! 🌮🔥 Authentic and mouthwatering—definitely adding this to my must-try list. Thanks for the recipe! 😋👌

View attachment 5203

I recently made authentic birria tacos, and they were incredible! The rich, savory flavors and tender meat make these tacos a real treat. If you're in the mood for something special, you’ve got to try this recipe.

Authentic Birria Tacos Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
  • 3 dried guajillo chiles
  • 2 dried ancho chiles
  • 2 dried pasilla chiles
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Corn tortillas
  • Chopped onions and cilantro for garnish
  • Lime wedges

Instructions:​

1. Prep the chiles: Remove the stems and seeds from the dried chiles. Soak them in hot water for about 15 minutes until they soften.
  2. Blend the sauce: In a blender, combine the softened chiles, chopped onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, and a cup of beef broth. Blend until smooth.
  3. Cook the meat: Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper. In a large pot, brown the meat on all sides. Pour the blended sauce over the meat, add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and remaining beef broth.
  4. Simmer: Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender and shreds easily.
  5. Assemble the tacos: Heat the corn tortillas on a skillet. Fill them with the shredded meat and top with chopped onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Making these birria tacos was a delicious adventure, and they were a huge hit at dinner. Give this recipe a try, and I bet you'll love it too! 🌮✨
Authentic birria tacos? Yes, please! Can’t wait to make these at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🌮🔥

Back