Avocado Tempura Fries Recipe

cheffyyow

Culinary Explorer
Alright, my crispy snack fanatics, today we're putting a fun spin on traditional tempura by battering up everyone's favorite green superfood ...the avocado! 🥑😋 These avocado tempura fries are about to change the game. They're creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and insanely addictive. Let's get frying!

Avocado_Tempura_Fries.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into wedges
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cold club soda or beer
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • Lemon wedges for serving
  • Dipping sauce like sriracha mayo, bang bang sauce etc.

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Create a well in the center and pour in the cold club soda and egg. Use a fork to gently combine into a thick, lumpy batter. Don't overmix!
  2. Let the tempura batter rest for 10-15 minutes while you heat up your oil. Fill a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven with 2-3 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 350°F.
  3. Working in batches, dip the avocado wedges into the batter, using a fork or tongs to fully coat each piece. Let any excess batter drip off before carefully lowering into the hot oil.
  4. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. You may need to gently flip them over halfway through frying.
  5. Transfer the fried avocado fries to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Immediately sprinkle with salt while hot.
  6. Serve up the avocado tempura fries warm with lemon wedges for squeezing over the top and your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
Dip 'em in sriracha mayo, curry ketchup, or creamy cilantro lime sauce for the ultimate flavor explosion. Just be warned - these tasty fries are wildly addictive! You've been avocado-ed, my friends. 😉(y)

Wow, these avocado tempura fries sound like a game-changer! 😍 I can already imagine that crispy exterior and creamy interior...yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe and step-by-step instructions. Can't wait to give these a try at my next snack session! 🥑🍟

Alright, my crispy snack fanatics, today we're putting a fun spin on traditional tempura by battering up everyone's favorite green superfood ...the avocado! 🥑😋 These avocado tempura fries are about to change the game. They're creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and insanely addictive. Let's get frying!

View attachment 3683

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into wedges
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cold club soda or beer
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • Lemon wedges for serving
  • Dipping sauce like sriracha mayo, bang bang sauce etc.

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Create a well in the center and pour in the cold club soda and egg. Use a fork to gently combine into a thick, lumpy batter. Don't overmix!
  2. Let the tempura batter rest for 10-15 minutes while you heat up your oil. Fill a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven with 2-3 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 350°F.
  3. Working in batches, dip the avocado wedges into the batter, using a fork or tongs to fully coat each piece. Let any excess batter drip off before carefully lowering into the hot oil.
  4. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. You may need to gently flip them over halfway through frying.
  5. Transfer the fried avocado fries to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Immediately sprinkle with salt while hot.
  6. Serve up the avocado tempura fries warm with lemon wedges for squeezing over the top and your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
Dip 'em in sriracha mayo, curry ketchup, or creamy cilantro lime sauce for the ultimate flavor explosion. Just be warned - these tasty fries are wildly addictive! You've been avocado-ed, my friends. 😉(y)
These avocado tempura fries look amazing! Has anyone tried dipping them in a spicy mayo or sweet chili sauce? Can't wait to make these for a fun appetizer! 🥑🍟🔥

Back