• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or rosemary)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for serving)
  • Optional: Fresh parsley or basil for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Preheat the Oven:
    • Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
  2. Prepare the Chicken Breasts:
    • If the chicken breasts are uneven in thickness, you can pound them to an even thickness for more consistent cooking. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently pound them to about 1/2 inch thick.
  3. Season the Chicken:
    • In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
    • Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil, then sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken.
  4. Bake the Chicken:
    • Place the seasoned chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased. For extra juiciness, you can also use a baking dish and cover it with aluminum foil.
    • Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the chicken is no longer pink in the center. The cooking time may vary slightly depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
  5. Rest the Chicken:
    • Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. This helps the juices redistribute, keeping the chicken moist.
  6. Serve:
    • Slice the chicken breasts and serve with lemon wedges and fresh herbs if desired. It pairs well with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, salads, or rice.

Tips:​

• Marinate for Extra Flavor: If you have time, marinate the chicken breasts in the seasoning mixture with olive oil for at least 30 minutes (or up to overnight) in the refrigerator for enhanced flavor.
  • Use a Meat Thermometer: To ensure perfect doneness, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
This basic baked chicken breast recipe is easy to customize with your favorite spices and herbs, making it a great go-to for a quick and healthy meal.

This baked chicken breast recipe looks amazing! I love how simple it is, yet it seems packed with flavor. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. I can’t wait to try it! 🍗

Baked Chicken Breast sounds like a delicious and healthy meal! 🍗👌 I’m excited to try this recipe—it’s perfect for meal prep and easy to customize with different seasonings. Thanks for sharing!

I think marinating the chicken breast in a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs can add a lot of flavor before baking. Have you tried that? 🍋🌿

Back