Baked Clams with Bacon and Garlic Recipe

KarenDeel

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! You know what? These Baked Clams with Bacon and Garlic are a flavor explosion! 🍴😋 Impress your guests or indulge in a gourmet treat at home. With juicy clams, savory bacon, and aromatic garlic, every bite is pure bliss! Give them a try and prepare for culinary magic!

Baked Clams with Bacon and Garli.jpg

Ingredients:

• CLAMS:
    • 1 cup dry white wine
    • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
    • 1 shallot, thinly sliced
    • 2 thyme sprigs
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
  • FILLING:
    • 2 thin slices of bacon (1 ounce), finely chopped
    • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
    • 1/2 cup dry white wine
    • 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
    • 2 shucked surf clams, mantles discarded and clams finely chopped, or 4 ounces shucked littleneck clams, finely chopped
    • 1/2 cup fresh brioche breadcrumbs
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • TOPPING:
    • 1/4 cup fresh brioche breadcrumbs
    • 1 tablespoon very finely chopped parsley
    • 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
    • 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    • Kosher salt
    • Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions:

1. Prepare the clams: In a large saucepan, combine the wine, garlic, shallot, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes. Transfer the clams to a large baking sheet; discard the cooking liquid. Let cool slightly, then split the shells in half and transfer the clam meat to a small bowl. Clean 24 of the shell halves and arrange on the baking sheet; discard the remaining shells.
  2. Make the filling: In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, garlic, and shallot, and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook until reduced, about 4 minutes. Stir in the shucked clams, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and salt. Let cool slightly.
  3. Make the topping: In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with parsley, lemon zest, and cheese. Season lightly with salt.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put 1 clam in each half shell. Top the clams with the filling and the topping. Bake for about 15 minutes, until bubbling and golden on top. Serve with lemon wedges.

Get ready to enjoy every bite of these Baked Clams with Bacon and Garlic! 😋 Perfect for any occasion or just a cozy night in. Let's dive in and savor the deliciousness together!

This recipe looks absolutely delicious! 😋 I'm a huge fan of clams and bacon, so I can't wait to try it. 🥓🧄🦪 Has anyone made this before? Any tips or tweaks you'd recommend? Thanks for sharing! 🙌🍽️

OMG YES to these Baked Clams with Bacon & garlic! Look at all that cheesy, garlicky goodness! 🫠 These would be perfect for a fancy app or an easy weeknight dinner. Winner winner, clam dinner! 🤩🙌

Hey everyone! You know what? These Baked Clams with Bacon and Garlic are a flavor explosion! 🍴😋 Impress your guests or indulge in a gourmet treat at home. With juicy clams, savory bacon, and aromatic garlic, every bite is pure bliss! Give them a try and prepare for culinary magic!

View attachment 3578

Ingredients:

• CLAMS:
    • 1 cup dry white wine
    • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
    • 1 shallot, thinly sliced
    • 2 thyme sprigs
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
  • FILLING:
    • 2 thin slices of bacon (1 ounce), finely chopped
    • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
    • 1/2 cup dry white wine
    • 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
    • 2 shucked surf clams, mantles discarded and clams finely chopped, or 4 ounces shucked littleneck clams, finely chopped
    • 1/2 cup fresh brioche breadcrumbs
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • TOPPING:
    • 1/4 cup fresh brioche breadcrumbs
    • 1 tablespoon very finely chopped parsley
    • 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
    • 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    • Kosher salt
    • Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions:

1. Prepare the clams: In a large saucepan, combine the wine, garlic, shallot, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes. Transfer the clams to a large baking sheet; discard the cooking liquid. Let cool slightly, then split the shells in half and transfer the clam meat to a small bowl. Clean 24 of the shell halves and arrange on the baking sheet; discard the remaining shells.
  2. Make the filling: In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, garlic, and shallot, and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook until reduced, about 4 minutes. Stir in the shucked clams, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and salt. Let cool slightly.
  3. Make the topping: In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with parsley, lemon zest, and cheese. Season lightly with salt.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put 1 clam in each half shell. Top the clams with the filling and the topping. Bake for about 15 minutes, until bubbling and golden on top. Serve with lemon wedges.

Get ready to enjoy every bite of these Baked Clams with Bacon and Garlic! 😋 Perfect for any occasion or just a cozy night in. Let's dive in and savor the deliciousness together!
Wow, baked clams with bacon and garlic? This recipe sounds like a real treat! Has anyone tried adding a sprinkle of Parmesan on top before baking? I bet it would make them even more delicious! 🥓🧄🧀

This recipe looks absolutely delicious! 😋 I'm a huge fan of clams and bacon, so I can't wait to try it. 🥓🧄🦪 Has anyone made this before? Any tips or tweaks you'd recommend? Thanks for sharing! 🙌🍽️
Thank you so much! I'm thrilled you're excited to try it out. Clams and bacon make such a fantastic combo, don't they? 😊 I hope it turns out just as delicious for you as it did for me! As for tips, one thing I'd suggest is to make sure your clams are fresh and cleaned well before cooking. Enjoy every bite, and thanks for your kind words and enthusiasm! 🍽️

Thank you for sharing your Baked Clams with Bacon and Garlic recipe! 🥓🐚 It looks absolutely mouthwatering and perfect for a flavorful appetizer or main course. The combination of savory bacon and garlic with tender baked clams sounds like a winning flavor combination. Your recipe seems straightforward yet delicious, and I can't wait to give it a try! Do you have any tips for selecting fresh clams or any creative twists to add a unique touch to this dish? Excited to dive into this flavorful creation! 🍽️🌟

Back