Banitsa Recipe

yourfavoritef1girlie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share with you a delightful Bulgarian treat – Banitsa! 🇧🇬 It's a heavenly pastry made with layers of flaky phyllo dough and a creamy cheese filling, perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and experience a taste of Bulgaria right in your own kitchen! 😋🥐✨
Banitsa Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 10 sheets phyllo dough
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • Salt to taste
  • Optional: 1/4 cup chopped parsley or dill

Instructions:​

1. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish.
  2. Prepare Filling: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and a pinch of salt until well combined. Stir in the crumbled feta cheese and chopped herbs if using.
  3. Assemble Banitsa: Lay one sheet of phyllo dough in the prepared baking dish and brush it lightly with melted butter. Repeat with 4 more sheets, brushing each layer with butter.
  4. Add Filling: Pour half of the egg and cheese mixture over the phyllo layers.
  5. Layer Phyllo and Filling: Continue layering the remaining phyllo sheets on top, brushing each layer with butter, and pouring the remaining egg mixture over the top.
  6. Bake: Bake the banitsa in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on top.
  7. Serve: Allow the banitsa to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!

I've always wanted to try making Banitsa at home, and your recipe looks super easy to follow. The combination of phyllo dough and creamy cheese filling sounds absolutely delicious. Can't wait to give this a try and bring a little taste of Bulgaria to my kitchen. 😊

Pour a mixture of beaten eggs and yogurt over the layered phyllo and cheese. I think this helps bind everything together and adds richness. 🍳🥛

It's always exciting to discover new dishes from different cultures, and Banitsa sounds absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try making it myself and experience the flavors of Bulgaria. Do you have any tips or tricks for getting that perfect flaky texture? Can't wait to give this recipe a try! 😊🍽️

Back