Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry

Tim_05

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, foodies! 🥦🥩 How's everyone doing? Today, I'm excited to share one of my absolute favorite recipes: Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry. It's a dish that's packed with flavor and always leaves me feeling satisfied. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be hooked! 🍽️

Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry.jpg

This dish serves 3-4 people;)

Ingredients​

For the beef​

• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Chinese rice cooking wine or dry sherry
  • 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 pound flank or sirloin, sliced thinly across the grain

For the sauce​

• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Chinese rice cooking wine or dry sherry
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth

For the stir fry​

• 3/4 pound broccoli florets
  • 2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water

Instructions​

Marinate the beef:​

Stir together the beef marinade ingredients (1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper) in a medium bowl.

Add the beef slices and stir until coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Prepare the sauce:​

Stir together the sauce ingredients (2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 cup chicken broth) in a small bowl. Set aside.

Blanch or steam the broccoli:​

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly.

Stir-fry the beef:​

Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and instantly evaporates upon contact. Add the cooking oil and swirl to coat.

Add the beef and immediately spread it out all over the surface of the wok or pan in a single layer (preferably not touching).

Let the beef fry undisturbed for 1 minute. Flip the beef slices over, add the garlic to the pan, and fry for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute until no longer pink.

Add the sauce, cornstarch, and broccoli:​

Pour in the sauce and the cornstarch slurry (1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water). Stir until the sauce boils and thickens, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli.

Serve immediately, with steamed rice or on its own.

This dish is close to my heart. I remember my grandma making this dish whenever her grandchildren were at home. I miss her :cry:

Wow, just made this Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe and it was a total winner! The beef was super tender, the broccoli was cooked just right, and that sauce? Absolutely delicious! I love how easy it was to whip up, and it's packed with flavor. This one's definitely going on my regular meal lineup. Thanks for sharing such a tasty recipe! 🥦🥩👌

Back