Beef Bourguignon Recipe

jannababe

Culinary Explorer
SES-classic-beef-bourguignon-recipe-7498352-hero-A-f3d470b196ee4c97acb778bc068eec13.jpg

Beef Bourguignon is a classic dish that’s become one of my go-to comfort foods. The rich, savory flavors make it perfect for a cozy night in. Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:​

• 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 8 oz bacon, diced
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 carrots, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 3 cups red wine (Burgundy is ideal)
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 lb mushrooms, quartered
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)

Instructions:​

1. Season the beef with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the beef on all sides and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside, leaving the drippings in the pot.
  3. Add the onion and carrots to the pot, cooking until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. Sprinkle in the flour, stirring constantly to create a roux. Gradually add the red wine, beef broth, and tomato paste, stirring until smooth.
  5. Return the beef and bacon to the pot, then add the thyme and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook on low heat for 2 to 3 hours until the beef is tender.
  6. In a separate pan, sauté the mushrooms in butter until golden brown, then add them to the pot for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
  7. Remove the bay leaves, adjust seasoning as needed, and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.

Conclusion:​

This Beef Bourguignon is a labor of love but totally worth it. Each bite is bursting with deep, comforting flavors. Perfect for impressing guests or just treating yourself to a hearty meal. Enjoy! 🍷🍲

This Beef Bourguignon looks absolutely mouthwatering! 😍🍲 The rich flavors and tender beef are making my taste buds dance. Can’t wait to dive into this cozy classic!

Ooh, we're getting fancy now! 🍷🥩 I always thought this was like, super complicated, but I'm excited to give it a shot. Hopefully, it turns out as delicious as it sounds and not like a French kitchen disaster 😂. Thanks for sharing this classic recipe!

Back