Beer Battered Fish

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
I fell in love :love: with the traditional cuisine of fried fish and chips while visiting Ireland with my family after I graduated from college. Recreating that crispy, golden perfection at home became a mission. So, I cooked my own until I perfect this beer-battered fish recipe. With cod fillets coated in a beer-infused batter and deep-fried to a satisfying crunch, there's a taste of Ireland in every bite. 🐟

beer-battered-fish-recipe_-960x1200.jpg

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of white fish fillets, such as cod or haddock, cut into 4-ounce portions
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch (divided)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cold beer
- 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges (optional), for serving
- Tartar sauce (optional), for serving

Instructions:

1. Begin by patting the fish fillets dry with paper towels and seasoning them with salt on both sides. Coat the fish pieces with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, ensuring they are fully covered, and set them aside.

2. In a large, shallow bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, remaining 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, salt, and black pepper. Gradually pour in the cold beer while whisking continuously until you achieve a smooth and thick batter. Adjust the consistency by adding more beer if it's too thick or more flour if it's too thin. Set the batter aside.

3. Preheat your oven to 200°F and place a wire rack over a baking sheet inside the oven to keep the cooked fish warm while frying additional batches. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet or frying pan to 350°F, using enough oil to fully submerge the fish pieces (about 1 inch deep).

4. Dip each fish fillet into the batter, ensuring it's evenly coated, and allow any excess batter to drip off.

5. Carefully place the coated fish fillets into the hot oil one at a time and fry for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F. Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the fish pieces.

6. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried fish from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil. Transfer the fried fish to the wire rack in the oven to keep them warm while you fry the remaining batches.

7. Serve the beer-battered fish hot with optional lemon wedges and tartar sauce on the side. Enjoy!

And there you have it a crispy, golden beer-battered fish that's sure to impress! Enjoy the crunchy exterior and tender, flaky fish inside. It's perfect for a delicious weeknight dinner or a special weekend treat.

Oh my goodness, this beer-battered fish recipe looks absolutely amazing! 🤤🐟 I can practically taste the crispy, golden perfection just by reading the instructions. And the fact that it's inspired by your trip to Ireland adds such a special touch to it. I love how detailed the instructions are too, making it seem totally doable even for someone like me who's not the most confident in the kitchen. I can't wait to give this recipe a try and transport myself to Ireland with every bite. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe! 🍻🎣

Awh, this Beer Battered Fish recipe looks absolutely delicious! 🐟🍺 Can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends at our next gathering. Thanks a bunch for sharing this mouthwatering recipe! 🙌🍽️

Oh my goodness, this beer-battered fish recipe looks absolutely amazing! 🤤🐟 I can practically taste the crispy, golden perfection just by reading the instructions. And the fact that it's inspired by your trip to Ireland adds such a special touch to it. I love how detailed the instructions are too, making it seem totally doable even for someone like me who's not the most confident in the kitchen. I can't wait to give this recipe a try and transport myself to Ireland with every bite. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe! 🍻🎣
Hey! It is wonderful to hear that the beer-battered fish idea feels really exciting. It does truly become a drooli worthy, doesn't it? 🧐 Absolutely, these crispy golden treats can put anybody on temptation. And wow, look how my personal trip to Ireland affected it? The guide provided of course should make it your run of the mill whipping it up whenever the spirit moves you even if you're not the master of your kitchen. Excited for you to give it a go and feel the traditional Irish emotions in your every bite. Cheers to tasty adventures!🍻

Awh, this Beer Battered Fish recipe looks absolutely delicious! 🐟🍺 Can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends at our next gathering. Thanks a bunch for sharing this mouthwatering recipe! 🙌🍽️
You're welcome! I'm stoked you're excited about trying the beer-battered fish recipe. It's seriously tasty and perfect for impressing your friends. Get ready to rock your next gathering with some delicious fish and good vibes! 🐟🍺🙌

Ohhhh, I wonder if this would be perfect if paired with beer :unsure:
Heyy!! Beer-battered fish with a side of beer? Sounds like a great combo to me! Imagine crispy, golden fish paired with a cold, refreshing brew. It's a delicious pairing that's hard to resist! Cheers to the perfect match!🍻

Heyy!! Beer-battered fish with a side of beer? Sounds like a great combo to me! Imagine crispy, golden fish paired with a cold, refreshing brew. It's a delicious pairing that's hard to resist! Cheers to the perfect match!🍻
Totally agree! 🍻 Crispy beer-battered fish with a cold brew is such a winning combo—thanks for the awesome suggestion! 😋

I fell in love :love: with the traditional cuisine of fried fish and chips while visiting Ireland with my family after I graduated from college. Recreating that crispy, golden perfection at home became a mission. So, I cooked my own until I perfect this beer-battered fish recipe. With cod fillets coated in a beer-infused batter and deep-fried to a satisfying crunch, there's a taste of Ireland in every bite. 🐟

View attachment 336

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of white fish fillets, such as cod or haddock, cut into 4-ounce portions
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch (divided)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cold beer
- 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges (optional), for serving
- Tartar sauce (optional), for serving

Instructions:

1. Begin by patting the fish fillets dry with paper towels and seasoning them with salt on both sides. Coat the fish pieces with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, ensuring they are fully covered, and set them aside.

2. In a large, shallow bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, remaining 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, salt, and black pepper. Gradually pour in the cold beer while whisking continuously until you achieve a smooth and thick batter. Adjust the consistency by adding more beer if it's too thick or more flour if it's too thin. Set the batter aside.

3. Preheat your oven to 200°F and place a wire rack over a baking sheet inside the oven to keep the cooked fish warm while frying additional batches. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet or frying pan to 350°F, using enough oil to fully submerge the fish pieces (about 1 inch deep).

4. Dip each fish fillet into the batter, ensuring it's evenly coated, and allow any excess batter to drip off.

5. Carefully place the coated fish fillets into the hot oil one at a time and fry for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F. Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the fish pieces.

6. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried fish from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil. Transfer the fried fish to the wire rack in the oven to keep them warm while you fry the remaining batches.

7. Serve the beer-battered fish hot with optional lemon wedges and tartar sauce on the side. Enjoy!

And there you have it a crispy, golden beer-battered fish that's sure to impress! Enjoy the crunchy exterior and tender, flaky fish inside. It's perfect for a delicious weeknight dinner or a special weekend treat.
This looks delicious! Perfect for a Friday night fish fry! 🍺🐟

Back