Beginner fermenter

Yogirider

Novice Foodie
I bake sourdough with starter but am new to fermenting fruits, beverages and vegetables. I am in the process of fermenting kombucha as well as dill pickles, cherry tomatoes, beet kvass, ginger ale, dilly green beans, and sweet baby peppers. So far so good. However, so new to all this, does anyone have advice as to their best practices for fermenting and from experience? I thought I could learn from others experience and possible mishaps ;) thankd!

Hello newbie fermenter! 🌱 Welcome to the wonderful world of fermentation! It's all about experimenting and having fun. Start simple with veggies like cabbage for sauerkraut or cucumbers for pickles. And don't worry about mistakes, they're all part of the learning process! Feel free to ask if you have any questions along the way. Happy fermenting! 🥒🔬✨

That's an impressive array of fermenting projects! For best practices, ensure your fermentation vessels are clean and properly sanitized, use non-chlorinated water, and monitor the fermentation process regularly for signs of spoilage. Additionally, keep an eye on temperature and fermentation duration to achieve desired flavors and textures. Happy fermenting! 🥒🍅🥤

Back