Berry French Toast Casserole

frustratedcook

Culinary Explorer
This recipe is my definite fave!!! I've been making this every single day, that's how obsessed I am with this meal. Enjoy this delightful berry French toast casserole for a delicious and comforting breakfast or brunch treat! 🍓🥖🍳
Berry French Toast Casserole.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 loaf of French bread, cut into cubes
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 ½ cups milk
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • Maple syrup, for serving
Instructions:

1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread the cubed French bread evenly in the bottom.
  2. Sprinkle the mixed berries over the bread cubes, distributing them evenly.
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
  4. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread and berries in the baking dish, making sure all the bread cubes are coated.
  5. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the bread to soak up the egg mixture.
  6. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
  7. Once preheated, bake the casserole, covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
  8. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set in the middle and the top is golden brown.
  9. Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
  10. Serve slices of the berry French toast casserole warm, drizzled with maple syrup.
Optional: Dust with powdered sugar before serving for an extra touch of sweetness!

The berries looks so good and fresh, I want to try new set of menu for my breakfast and I will add this one! Thanks for sharing. 🥰

This recipe is my definite fave!!! I've been making this every single day, that's how obsessed I am with this meal. Enjoy this delightful berry French toast casserole for a delicious and comforting breakfast or brunch treat! 🍓🥖🍳View attachment 848

Ingredients:

• 1 loaf of French bread, cut into cubes
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 ½ cups milk
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • Maple syrup, for serving
Instructions:

1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread the cubed French bread evenly in the bottom.
  2. Sprinkle the mixed berries over the bread cubes, distributing them evenly.
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
  4. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread and berries in the baking dish, making sure all the bread cubes are coated.
  5. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the bread to soak up the egg mixture.
  6. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
  7. Once preheated, bake the casserole, covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
  8. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set in the middle and the top is golden brown.
  9. Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
  10. Serve slices of the berry French toast casserole warm, drizzled with maple syrup.
Optional: Dust with powdered sugar before serving for an extra touch of sweetness!
I really the blend of different types of berries there. Would love to taste and try it :love:

Back