Best Orange Chicken

Clint08

Novice Foodie
Hey there, folks! Gather 'round because I'm about to share with you my absolute favorite orange chicken recipe. Now, this dish is a real crowd-pleaser, so get ready to impress your friends and family.

Orange Chicken.jpg

Ingredients​

• 2 large eggs
  • 1/4c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2c. plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 2lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
  • 1tbsp. canola oil, plus more for frying
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2tsp. finely chopped peeled ginger
  • 1/2tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2/3c. fresh orange juice
  • 2tbsp. hoisin sauce
  • 2tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2tbsp. sweet chili sauce
  • 1tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1tbsp. brown sugar
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • Cooked white rice, for serving

Directions​

Step 1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs until blended. In another shallow bowl, mix flour and 1/2 cup cornstarch; season with salt and black pepper. Coat chicken in egg, then toss in flour mixture, tapping off any excess.

Step 2. Into a large, deep skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1/4". Heat until shimmering and a piece of chicken sizzles when added. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.

Step 3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.

Step 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk into sauce to thicken and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is syrupy, about 5 minutes.

Step 5. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add sauce, toss to combine, and top with scallions. Serve over rice.

Enjoy!:)

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, and this Orange Chicken has become a staple in my kitchen! It's become a family favorite in no time!

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, and this Orange Chicken has become a staple in my kitchen! It's become a family favorite in no time!
That's fantastic to hear! Enjoy this delicious and comforting meal with your love ones!

I actually Orange chicken in a resto before but didn't know that it was this easy to make! WIll surely try to make this one for my fam
That's awesome! Homemade Orange chicken is often even better than restaurant version. I'm sure your family will love it. Let me know how it turns out when you make it!;)

Hey there, folks! Gather 'round because I'm about to share with you my absolute favorite orange chicken recipe. Now, this dish is a real crowd-pleaser, so get ready to impress your friends and family.

1092×627
346.5 kB

View attachment 626

Ingredients​

• 2 large eggs
  • 1/4c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2c. plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 2lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
  • 1tbsp. canola oil, plus more for frying
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2tsp. finely chopped peeled ginger
  • 1/2tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2/3c. fresh orange juice
  • 2tbsp. hoisin sauce
  • 2tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2tbsp. sweet chili sauce
  • 1tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1tbsp. brown sugar
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • Cooked white rice, for serving

Directions​

Step 1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs until blended. In another shallow bowl, mix flour and 1/2 cup cornstarch; season with salt and black pepper. Coat chicken in egg, then toss in flour mixture, tapping off any excess.

Step 2. Into a large, deep skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1/4". Heat until shimmering and a piece of chicken sizzles when added. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.

Step 3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.

Step 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk into sauce to thicken and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is syrupy, about 5 minutes.

Step 5. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add sauce, toss to combine, and top with scallions. Serve over rice.

Enjoy!:)
Wow! This is it, I've been looking for a new recipe that I never tried before. This Orange Chicken recipe has now been added to my list. Thanks for sharing this one.

Back