black manhattan recipe

SHAKE_

Novice Foodie

Black Manhattan Recipe 🍸

Introduction​

Hey cocktail enthusiasts! 🍹 I just mixed up a Black Manhattan, and I’m thrilled to share it with you. 🥃 This twist on the classic Manhattan replaces sweet vermouth with amaro, bringing a deeper, richer flavor profile to the drink. Perfect for a sophisticated evening or when you want to impress your guests with something a little different. Let’s dive into this elegant concoction! 🍒

Ingredients​

• 2 oz (60 ml) rye whiskey or bourbon
  • 1 oz (30 ml) amaro (Averna or Montenegro)
  • 2 dashes Angostura bitters
  • 1 dash orange bitters
  • Garnish: Luxardo cherry or a lemon twist

Procedure​

1. Chill the Glass: Place a coupe or martini glass in the freezer to chill.
  2. Mix the Ingredients: In a mixing glass, combine the rye whiskey, amaro, Angostura bitters, and orange bitters.
  3. Add Ice: Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes.
  4. Stir: Stir the mixture with a bar spoon for about 30 seconds until well-chilled.
  5. Strain: Remove your chilled glass from the freezer and strain the cocktail into it using a julep strainer.
  6. Garnish: Drop in a Luxardo cherry or garnish with a lemon twist.

Conclusion​

There you have it—a Black Manhattan that's as smooth and sophisticated as it is delicious. 🍸 I love how the amaro adds complexity and depth, making this drink a standout. It’s perfect for sipping and savoring. Enjoy responsibly and happy mixing! 🍹✨

Feel free to adjust the recipe to your taste and experiment with different types of amaro. Cheers!
Article-Black-Manhattan-Cocktail-Recipe.jpg

Hey, thanks for sharing the Black Manhattan recipe! 🥃🍒 It sounds like a classy twist with that amaro kick. I'll definitely try it out next time I'm mixing drinks! Cheers to that! 🍸

Oh wow, the Black Manhattan sounds amazing! 🥃🍒 Can't wait to try this unique twist on a classic. Your recipe looks absolutely delicious! 😍🍹

I love Luxardo cherries! 🍒 They're the perfect garnish for cocktails. The combination with amaro and whiskey sounds heavenly. Can't wait to try it!

Back