Blue Plate Beef Patties

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer

My husband and I stumbled upon this recipe together, and it has become our go to dish for family dinners, parties, or potlucks. It's always a hit, so I'm sharing this recipe with all of you! Hope you enjoy it too!
blue plate.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 2 green onions with tops, sliced
  • 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
  • 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • Minced fresh parsley, optional
  • Directions​

1. In a large bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
    2. In an ungreased skillet, cook patties until meat is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes on each side; drain.
    3. In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.

We enjoy pairing them with mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles, and the gravy, infused with the rich flavor of fresh mushrooms, is always a hit. Try it!!

Blue Plate Beef Patties? Sounds like a classic favorite! These hearty and flavorful beef patties are sure to satisfy any appetite. gotta try this at home too and surprise my hubs as well. Can't go wrong with a dish like that! 🍔🍽️

Back