Blue Rock Candy 🫐💙

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
I just had to share this amazing homemade rock candy recipe that I recently tried out. It was such a blast making it at home, and let me tell you, it's an absolute hit as a party treat! Both kids and adults go crazy for this stuff! Trust me, it's a fun and delicious experience that everyone will love!🍬

blue-rock-candy-3-768x1152.jpg

Ingredients

½ cup water 114 grams
¾ cup light corn syrup 234 grams
2 cups granulated sugar 400 grams
2 teaspoons flavoring extract 8 grams (I chose raspberry, but there are lots of flavors to choose from!)
Food coloring optional (I used blue, but use any color!)

Instructions

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup water, ¾ cup light corn syrup, 2 cups granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons flavoring extract (such as raspberry), and optional food coloring.
  2. Stir the mixture until it comes to a boil. Once boiling, refrain from stirring further.
  3. While the mixture boils, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat it with nonstick spray. Set it aside.
  4. Insert a candy thermometer into the boiling mixture and closely monitor the temperature. Remove from heat when it reaches 300°F (150°C).
  5. Let the mixture cool until the surface bubbles subside.
  6. Pour the liquid onto the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Allow it to cool completely until hardened.
  8. Break the hardened candy into desired pieces before serving.

And there you have it, your stunning blue rock candy is ready to dazzle and delight! Enjoy every sweet crystal, and share the magic with friends and family.🫐💙

I've had the pleasure of indulging in this delightful confection before, and let me tell you, it's a burst of sugary goodness that's as mesmerizing as it is delicious.

I've never tried making candy before, but this looks fun! 😊 I think I'll experiment with different flavors, though. Thanks for the idea!

I've had the pleasure of indulging in this delightful confection before, and let me tell you, it's a burst of sugary goodness that's as mesmerizing as it is delicious.
Oh yeah, that treat is absolutely amazing @Twilight ! Thanks for sharing that experience with me. 🤗 😁

Back