Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars

maltchaseal

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, sweet tooth squad! Getting ready for some treats this spring, and I came up with some sweet treats that I will be calling 🌞🫐 Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars - A Scrumptious Taste of Summer! 🫐🌞

They're bursting with juicy blueberries, creamy goodness, and a buttery crumb topping that'll have you weak in the knees. Trust me, these bars are so good, they'll become your new go-to for backyard barbecues, picnics, or anytime you need a little slice of happiness! 🥰

Ingredients:
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars.jpg

For the crust and crumb topping:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
For the cream cheese filling:
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the blueberry filling:
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the softened butter using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture for the topping. Press the remaining crumbs into the prepared baking pan to form the crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
  3. While the crust is baking, prepare the cream cheese filling by beating together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
  4. In a separate bowl, gently toss the blueberries with the 1/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice until well coated.
  5. Once the crust is out of the oven, spread the cream cheese filling over it in an even layer. Top with the blueberry mixture, spreading it out evenly.
  6. Sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over the blueberry layer.
  7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the blueberry filling is bubbly.
  8. Let the bars cool completely before slicing and serving. Trust me, the anticipation will be worth it!
There you gooo! 😉 Whip up a batch for your next gathering and watch them disappear faster than you can say "blueberry bliss!" Let me know if you give this recipe a try. I can't wait to hear what you think! 😍

Hey there, sweet tooth squad! Getting ready for some treats this spring, and I came up with some sweet treats that I will be calling 🌞🫐 Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars - A Scrumptious Taste of Summer! 🫐🌞

They're bursting with juicy blueberries, creamy goodness, and a buttery crumb topping that'll have you weak in the knees. Trust me, these bars are so good, they'll become your new go-to for backyard barbecues, picnics, or anytime you need a little slice of happiness! 🥰

Ingredients:View attachment 876

For the crust and crumb topping:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
For the cream cheese filling:
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the blueberry filling:
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the softened butter using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture for the topping. Press the remaining crumbs into the prepared baking pan to form the crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
  3. While the crust is baking, prepare the cream cheese filling by beating together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
  4. In a separate bowl, gently toss the blueberries with the 1/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice until well coated.
  5. Once the crust is out of the oven, spread the cream cheese filling over it in an even layer. Top with the blueberry mixture, spreading it out evenly.
  6. Sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over the blueberry layer.
  7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the blueberry filling is bubbly.
  8. Let the bars cool completely before slicing and serving. Trust me, the anticipation will be worth it!
There you gooo! 😉 Whip up a batch for your next gathering and watch them disappear faster than you can say "blueberry bliss!" Let me know if you give this recipe a try. I can't wait to hear what you think!
64×64 png
3.3 kB

😍
Hey, those Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars sound amazing! Quick question though, would it work if I used strawberries instead of blueberries? 🍓🫐

Ah, Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars—a delightful treat that I've had the pleasure of enjoying many times! 🫐💙 These bars are a harmonious blend of sweet, tangy, and buttery flavors, making them an irresistible option for any dessert lover.

Hey, those Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars sound amazing! Quick question though, would it work if I used strawberries instead of blueberries? 🍓🫐
You absolutely can! Strawberries and cream cheese are a classic combo, so they'd be delicious in the bars. ;) Just be sure to chop them slightly so they don't sink to the bottom 😊

Back