Bourbon Baked Beans Recipe

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
Hey y'all! I gotta say, I tried this Bourbon Baked Beans recipe just yesterday, and let me tell you, it was the bomb! 🎉 These beans are a perfect mix of smoky, sweet, and spicy, and that bourbon really takes it to the next level. Trust me, if you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser at your next BBQ or just a cozy side dish at home, this is it. It's easy to make, and the flavors are out of this world! 😋

Bourbon Baked Beans.jpg
Ingredients:
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 (12 fl oz) can caffeinated pepper-type soda (like Dr Pepper)
  • ¾ cup ketchup
  • ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ¼ cup bourbon
  • 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Whisk in the pepper soda, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Cut 4 slices of bacon into small strips. In a large Dutch oven, cook these bacon strips over medium heat until they're almost crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set the bacon aside in a bowl, but keep that bacon grease in the pot.
  4. Add the chopped onion to the bacon grease in the Dutch oven. Cook and stir until the onion softens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Toss in the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Pour in the bourbon and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir the cooked bacon back in.
  5. Pour the brown sugar mixture and the baked beans into the Dutch oven. Let it simmer until the beans are heated through, which should take about 15 minutes.
  6. Lay the remaining 4 slices of bacon on top of the beans.
  7. Cover the Dutch oven and bake in the preheated oven until the beans are bubbly and the sauce turns syrupy, about 2½ to 3 hours.

These beans were an absolute hit at my last gathering, and I’m sure they’ll be a hit at yours too! 🍽️✨

Those Bourbon Baked Beans sound delicious! 🍲🥃 Can’t wait to try them out—love the idea of adding a touch of bourbon for extra flavor! Thanks for the recipe! 😋👌

Back