Brown Butter Scallop Revelation

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
Hello! So, I tried something new recently – brown butter scallops! It was my first time tasting this dish, and let me tell you, it was a culinary revelation. The combination of perfectly seared scallops and nutty brown butter was divine.

Ingredients:
  • 1 ¼ pounds scallops, about 24
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 4 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Instruction:
  1. Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water, and thoroughly pat dry.
  2. Season scallops with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
  3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side.
  4. Reduce heat to medium-low; melt the remaining 5 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the butter starts to foam. Add garlic and thyme to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  5. Return scallops to the skillet; spoon butter over scallops for 1 minute.
  6. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
I hope you enjoy making and indulging in these mouthwatering brown butter scallops as much as I do! They're perfect for a special dinner at home or impressing guests with their gourmet flavor. Let me know if you give them a try! 🍴🔥

scallops.jpg

Sounds delicious! 🤩 Brown butter scallops have been on my "to try" list for a while now, and your description is making me crave them even more 😭 I'll definitely give it a go and report back on how it turns out!

Brown butter scallops? 🍴😍 That sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen! The nuttiness of brown butter paired with succulent scallops is a match made in culinary heaven. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and elevate my seafood game!

Back