Burger King Whopper Copycat

mr.suave

Novice Foodie
Sup burger buddies! I've been experimenting in the kitchen and I think I've cracked the code for making a Burger King Whopper copycat at home. Check out this recipe I've put together, complete with all the classic flavours and textures you love. Let's dive in and recreate the magic of this iconic fast-food favorite! Who's ready to cook up some deliciousness?

Burger King Whopper Copycat.jpg

Ingredients:

1 sesame-seed hamburger bun​
1/4 lb. ground beef​
1/16 teaspoon salt​
3 dill pickle slices​
1 teaspoon ketchup​
3-4 sliced onion rings​
2 tomato slices​
1/4 cup chopped iceberg lettuce​
2 teaspoons mayonnaise (Whopper sauce)​
1 teaspoon ketchup​

Preparation:

Season the Ground Beef: Begin by seasoning your ground beef with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a dash of black pepper to elevate its flavour profile. The salt amplifies the natural taste of the beef, while the pepper contributes a subtle heat and complexity.​
Form Patties: Once seasoned, shape the beef into thin, flat patties.​
Butter and Toast Buns: Now, prepare the hamburger buns by lightly spreading butter on their cut sides. This step not only enhances the taste but also achieves a golden, crispy texture when toasted. Toast both halves of the bun in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, providing a satisfying crunch and preventing sogginess once the burger is assembled. Set aside when done.​
Preheat Grill: Heat the grill to medium-high, the ideal temperature for cooking burgers. This ensures a quick sear on the outside to lock in juices while guaranteeing a safe internal temperature.​
Cook the Patties: Place the burger patties on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, adjusting the timing based on patty thickness and desired doneness. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the burgers while cooking to further enhance their flavour.​
Assemble the Burgers: Construct your burger by placing the cooked meat on the bottom bun. Layer with 3 to 4 dill pickle slices, 3 to 4 onion slices, and 2 to 3 tomato slices, offering a blend of tangy, sharp, and sweet flavours along with varied textures. Drizzle a small amount of ketchup for that classic sweet and tangy taste. Add lettuce for a crisp, fresh element. Finally, spread mayonnaise on the inside of the top bun to introduce a creamy texture that complements the other flavors. Complete your burger by placing the top bun on it.​

Let me know if you try it out and how it compares to the real deal! Enjoy! 🍔✨

Back