• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:

1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
  2. Stir in the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt until well combined.
  3. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth.
  4. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and begins to bubble, about 5-7 minutes.
  5. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot pudding mixture to temper the eggs.
  6. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining pudding mixture, whisking constantly.
  7. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
  8. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
  9. Transfer the pudding to individual serving dishes or a large serving bowl.
  10. Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
  11. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until chilled and set.
  12. Serve the pudding chilled, optionally topped with whipped cream or a sprinkle of sea salt.
Enjoy your homemade butterscotch pudding! Butterscotch pudding.jpg

Last edited:
This recipe looks like the PERFECT ending to any meal! :love:🤗 Gotta love a classic dessert that's easy to make and insanely delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, this butterscotch pudding recipe sounds absolutely divine! I can practically taste the creamy goodness already. Thanks for sharing the detailed instructions—I can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends and family with this homemade treat! 🍮😋

Butterscotch pudding recipe? 🍮 Create a creamy and indulgent dessert by simmering butter, brown sugar, and cream until thickened, then adding a touch of vanilla and serving it chilled for a sweet and comforting treat that's perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth!

🍮 Just whipped up this butterscotch pudding recipe, and it's like a hug in a bowl! Rich, creamy, and utterly comforting - dessert doesn't get any better than this! 😋🥄

Back