🍜 Cabbage Ramen with Pork ⊹˚. 🐖

てって

Novice Foodie
I made some cabbage ramen with pork since I was hungry and feeling lazy, and it turned out really well! 🍜 Who knew cabbage could be so amazing? Try this if you want something delicious but are too lazy to cook. I promise it's worthwhile! 😋👍

Cabbage Ramen with Pork.jpg
Pork:
  • 2 bone-in pork chops​
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey​
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce​
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil​
  • 2 teaspoons shichimi togarashi​
  • Pinch of salt​
  • 1 tablespoon neutral oil for frying​
Ramen:
  • 1 tablespoon neutral oil​
  • 5 scallions, minced; white and green parts kept separate​
  • 1 shallot, peeled and diced​
  • 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, caps thinly sliced and stems discarded​
  • 1 small head Napa cabbage, trimmed and roughly chopped​
  • 6 cups water or chicken stock​
  • 16 ounces fresh ramen or 8 ounces dry noodles of choice​
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce​
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil​
  • 2 teaspoons chili oil​
  • 2 teaspoons shichimi togarashi, plus more for serving​
  • 2 teaspoons mirin​
  • 1 heaping tablespoon white miso​
  • Salt​
Marinate the pork:
  1. Pat the pork dry and season lightly with salt. Whisk the maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, and shichimi togarashi in a bowl. Add the pork chops and refrigerate for 20 minutes up to 8 hours.​
  2. When you’re ready to start the recipe, preheat the oven to 425ºF.​
Prepare the ramen broth:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon neutral oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the white parts of the scallions, the shallot, and the shiitake mushrooms. Cook for 5–7 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.​
  2. Add the shredded cabbage and cook for 5 minutes.​
  3. Pour in the water or chicken stock. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.​
Cook the pork:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon neutral oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 5 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven for 12–15 minutes until the pork reaches 140ºF at the thickest part of the pork.​
  2. Remove and rest for 5–10 minutes. Cut the pork from the bone and thinly slice. Transfer to a serving platter.​
Cook the ramen noodles:
  1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse, and divide between four bowls.​
Finish the broth:
  1. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, chili oil, shichimi togarashi, mirin, and white miso to the ramen broth. Stir until well combined. Simmer for 5–10 minutes. Taste once more and adjust the seasonings to your preference.​
To serve:
  1. Ladle the broth over the noodles. Arrange a few slices of pork on top of each bowl and garnish with the green parts of the scallions and more shichimi togarashi.​
This dish is great for cold nights when you want something warm and comforting. Try it and let your taste buds thank you later! 😊

I think a splash of soy sauce would enhance the umami flavor! 🥢 Though, if you're feeling adventurous, experimenting with different types of mushrooms could be interesting. 🍄

Back