Can I use self rising flour in mug cake?

mndynthn12

Culinary Explorer
Has anyone tried self-rising flour for mug cakes? Just thinking out loud here, but curious if that works or nah. My regular flour stash ran out, and all that's left is this self-rising stuff. Will my mug cake turn into a mini volcano or what? Need advice before I risk a kitchen experiment gone wrong.

Using self-rising flour in mug cakes can definitely be a game-changer when you're in a pinch. It's got that leavening agent built right in, so your cake might puff up a bit more than usual, but it shouldn't erupt like a volcano unless you're adding a ton of extra ingredients. 😉👍✨

Using self-rising flour in mug cakes can definitely be a game-changer when you're in a pinch. It's got that leavening agent built right in, so your cake might puff up a bit more than usual, but it shouldn't erupt like a volcano unless you're adding a ton of extra ingredients. 😉👍✨
Thanks for the awesome tip! 😊 That's really helpful to know about self-rising flour. I'll definitely keep that in mind for my next mug cake experiment. Can't wait to see the difference it makes

I couldn't agree more! Self-rising flour is a lifesaver for quick mug cakes. It makes the cake nice and fluffy without any extra hassle. Just be mindful of how much you're putting in, and you're good to go! 🍰🚀✨

Back