Can you have a dirty martini without vermouth?

Kerful13

Novice Foodie
Heyya!! 🍸 Can you have a dirty martini without a hint of vermouth? I'm pondering over this because it seems like a bit of a controversial topic in mixology.🤔 Some use the classic recipe, while others seem to think it's perfectly fine to skip the vermouth. I'm not sure where I stand on this yet. 🤷‍♂️ Have any of you experimented with vermouth-free dirty martinis? If so, how did they turn out? 🍸😊

Heyya!! 🍸 Can you have a dirty martini without a hint of vermouth? I'm pondering over this because it seems like a bit of a controversial topic in mixology.🤔 Some use the classic recipe, while others seem to think it's perfectly fine to skip the vermouth. I'm not sure where I stand on this yet. 🤷‍♂️ Have any of you experimented with vermouth-free dirty martinis? If so, how did they turn out? 🍸😊
Hmmm, the eternal question of the dirty martini! 🍸🤔 You can totally skip the vermouth and still get that 'dirty' goodness by adding olive brine to your gin or vodka. It's all about what tickles your taste buds! Some prefer the extra brininess sans vermouth, while others stick to tradition. Give it a shot and sip away! Cheers! 🍸🥂

Crafting a dirty martini without vermouth challenges the traditional recipe. Some omit vermouth, relying on olive brine for the "dirty" aspect. This creates a saltier flavor, emphasizing the gin or vodka base. Try it to see if it suits your taste! Cheers! 🍸😊

Back