Caprese Salad Sub Sandwich

Rain

Culinary Explorer
Hi friends, Let me share with you the Caprese Salad Sub Sandwich. It is a delightful twist on the classic Italian Caprese salad. It's a perfect combination of flavors and textures, making it a satisfying and refreshing meal for lunch or dinner.
531×334
40.3 kB

capresesaladsandwich.jpg

Ingredients:

• 4 sub rolls or hoagie buns
  • 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
  • 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). If desired, you can lightly toast the sub rolls or hoagie buns in the oven for a few minutes until they are warm and slightly crisp.
  2. Slice the sub rolls or hoagie buns horizontally, but not all the way through, to create a pocket for the ingredients.
  3. Layer the sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves inside each sub roll, alternating the ingredients to ensure even distribution.
  4. Season the sandwich filling with salt and black pepper to taste.
  5. Drizzle each Caprese Salad Sub Sandwich with balsamic glaze, adding as much or as little as you like.
  6. If desired, you can also drizzle a little olive oil over the sandwich filling for extra flavor.
  7. Close the sub rolls or hoagie buns, pressing gently to secure the ingredients inside.
  8. Serve the Caprese Salad Sub Sandwiches immediately, and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors and textures!
Indulge in the fresh and vibrant flavors of this Caprese Salad Sub Sandwich—a delightful and satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion!

This recipe is a game-changer! I adore Caprese salad, so the thought of enjoying it in sandwich form is making my mouth water. The addition of balsamic glaze and the option to drizzle olive oil for extra flavor is the perfect finishing touch. Can't wait to whip up these Caprese Salad Sub :)

This recipe is a game-changer! I adore Caprese salad, so the thought of enjoying it in sandwich form is making my mouth water. The addition of balsamic glaze and the option to drizzle olive oil for extra flavor is the perfect finishing touch. Can't wait to whip up these Caprese Salad Sub :)
I'm glad that you like it, try it asap and enjoy the food😁😁

Back