Caramelized Onion and Gruyere Tart

Joseez

Culinary Explorer
I wanted to share a unique recipe that I recently tried making and absolutely loved! This is a bit different from your usual fare, but trust me, they're worth a shot. This tart is the perfect balance of savory and sweet, thanks to the caramelized onions and rich Gruyere cheese. It's a great option for brunch, lunch, or even a light dinner when paired with a salad.

Caramelized Onion and Gruyere Tart.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
  • 2 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup of grated Gruyere cheese
  • Fresh thyme leaves for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and transfer it to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  2. In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are caramelized and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
  3. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Spread the caramelized onions evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a small border around the edges. Sprinkle the grated Gruyere cheese on top.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
  6. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves if desired, slice, and serve warm.
Seriously, folks, this Caramelized Onion and Gruyere Tart is pure comfort food heaven. The sweetness of the caramelized onions combined with the nutty flavor of Gruyere cheese is out of this world! I promise you won't be disappointed! Happy cooking! 🍽️✨

The combination of sweet caramelized onions and rich Gruyere cheese must create an amazing flavor profile, I'll bookmark this page for later,
Thanks for sharing :)

Back