Carrot Lentil And Coconut Soup

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently made this cozy Carrot Lentil and Coconut Soup, and I just had to share it. It’s one of those recipes that’s super comforting and packed with flavor, especially now that the weather’s cooling down. Plus, it’s so easy to make! Here’s how I do it:

Ingredients:

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup red lentils (rinsed)
  • 1 can coconut milk (about 400ml)
  • 4 cups vegetable stock (or water)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
  • A squeeze of fresh lime (optional but highly recommended)
Instructions:

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until they’re soft and fragrant.
  2. Stir in the cumin, coriander, and turmeric, letting the spices bloom for about a minute.
  3. Add the carrots and lentils, then pour in the vegetable stock. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the carrots are tender and the lentils are soft.
  4. Stir in the coconut milk and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
  5. Use an immersion blender to blend it to your preferred consistency—I like mine smooth, but you can leave it chunky if you prefer.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime if you want that extra brightness.
    Carrot Lentil And Coconut Soup.jpg
It’s such a creamy, hearty soup, and it pairs perfectly with some crusty bread. Let me know if you try it! 🍞🥄

I think the lime at the end is a game changer! I might also add a little chili for some heat :) Thanks for sharing this

This soup sounds so comforting and unique! Love the combo of carrots, lentils, and coconut—perfect for a cozy meal. Can’t wait to try it out! 😋

Back