Cast Iron Pork Chops Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋

I wanted to share one of my favorite go-to recipes for Cast Iron Pork Chops. It’s super simple and turns out delicious every time. Plus, the cast iron skillet gives the chops a perfect sear. Hope you give it a try!

Cast Iron Pork Chops​

Ingredients:​

• 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional, for extra flavor)

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
  2. Season the chops: Rub the pork chops with olive oil, then season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and rosemary.
  3. Sear the chops: Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork chops and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they have a nice golden-brown crust.
  4. Add garlic and butter: Reduce the heat to medium, then add the minced garlic and butter to the skillet. Cook for about 1 minute, just until the garlic is fragrant.
  5. Deglaze the pan: Pour in the chicken broth and Dijon mustard (if using). Stir to combine and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
  6. Transfer to oven: Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
  7. Rest and serve: Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chops rest for a few minutes before serving. Spoon some of the pan sauce over the top for extra flavor.
Enjoy your delicious, juicy pork chops! Let me know if you try it out or if you have any tweaks to share. 😊🍴
Cast Iron Pork Chops Recipe.jpg

This Cast Iron Pork Chops recipe sounds fire! Love how simple and tasty it is, plus the skillet sear is always a win. Appreciate you sharing—definitely adding this to my go-to list! 👌🍽️

Thanks! I’m definitely going to give it a shot. Will keep you posted on how it turns out and any tweaks I try! 😊🍽️

Back