Champurrado

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to Champurrado! 🍫☕ It's a warm, delicious Mexican chocolate drink perfect for cozying up. Let's make it together! 🌟
1720278414526.png

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups milk
  • 2 cups water
    330×249
    152.2 kB
  • 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
  • 1 tablet (3.1 oz) Mexican chocolate, chopped (like Abuelita or Ibarra)
  • 1/2 cup piloncillo or brown sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt

Instructions:​

1. Dissolve Masa Harina:
    • In a medium bowl, whisk the masa harina with 2 cups of water until smooth and no lumps remain.
  2. Heat Liquid Base:
    • In a large pot, combine the milk and cinnamon stick. Heat over medium heat until it starts to simmer, then lower the heat.
  3. Combine Ingredients:
    • Slowly whisk the masa harina mixture into the warm milk.
    • Add the chopped Mexican chocolate, piloncillo (or brown sugar), vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
  4. Cook and Stir:
    • Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps and ensure the chocolate and sugar melt completely.
    • Continue to cook and stir for about 10-15 minutes until the mixture thickens to your desired consistency.
  5. Serve:
    • Remove the cinnamon stick and pour the champurrado into mugs.
Enjoy your warm, delicious Champurrado! 🍫☕✨

Ooh, champurrado is the best! 😍 It's such a cozy, chocolatey drink that warms you right up. Can't wait to try making it at home. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! ☕🍫

Wow! My childhood snack. This recipe reminds me of how simple life way back. After school this is what my parents always serve as my snack. 😊😊

Champurrado—a Filipino chocolate rice porridge, thick and comforting, a delightful treat any time of day! 🍫🍚

Champurrado sounds delicious! I love how rich and comforting it is, especially with the chocolate and spices. Definitely a great choice for a cozy drink. 🥣🍫

Back