Cheesy Ham Empanada

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Ham-and-Cheese-Empanadas-8.jpg
Hey everyone! So, I recently tried making these amazing ham and cheese empanadas, and let me tell you, they turned out even better than I expected! I just had to share the recipe with all of you!
Ingredients:
  • 1 package of pre-made empanada dough (or homemade if preferred)
  • 1 cup diced ham
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (such as cheddar or mozzarella)
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the diced ham, shredded cheese, diced onion, diced bell pepper, chopped fresh parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  3. Roll out the empanada dough on a lightly floured surface and cut it into circles using a round cutter or a small bowl.
  4. Place a spoonful of the ham and cheese filling in the center of each dough circle.
  5. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, then use a fork to crimp the edges and seal the empanadas.
  6. Place the sealed empanadas on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Brush the tops of the empanadas with beaten egg to give them a golden brown color when baked.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the empanadas are golden brown and crispy.
  9. Allow the empanadas to cool for a few minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy making and munching on these flavorful ham and cheese empanadas as much as I do! They're perfect for parties, picnics, or anytime you're craving a tasty snack🥟🧀🍖

View attachment 1201Hey everyone! So, I recently tried making these amazing ham and cheese empanadas, and let me tell you, they turned out even better than I expected! I just had to share the recipe with all of you!
Ingredients:
  • 1 package of pre-made empanada dough (or homemade if preferred)
  • 1 cup diced ham
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (such as cheddar or mozzarella)
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the diced ham, shredded cheese, diced onion, diced bell pepper, chopped fresh parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  3. Roll out the empanada dough on a lightly floured surface and cut it into circles using a round cutter or a small bowl.
  4. Place a spoonful of the ham and cheese filling in the center of each dough circle.
  5. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, then use a fork to crimp the edges and seal the empanadas.
  6. Place the sealed empanadas on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Brush the tops of the empanadas with beaten egg to give them a golden brown color when baked.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the empanadas are golden brown and crispy.
  9. Allow the empanadas to cool for a few minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy making and munching on these flavorful ham and cheese empanadas as much as I do! They're perfect for parties, picnics, or anytime you're craving a tasty snack🥟🧀🍖
Sounds awesome! Definitely gonna try these ham and cheese empanadas, thanks for sharing the recipe! 🥟🧀🍖

Back