Chicken Adobo

Serene

Culinary Explorer
Thinking of a dish that's best for summer? try my home-cooked adobo, easy to cook and easy to go, and can last a long shelf life! So here is how you are going to do it;

Chicken Adobo.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs, or a combination)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1 head of garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 1 cup water
  • Salt, to taste
  • Optional: sliced green onions or cilantro for garnish
Instructions:

1. Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine the chicken pieces, soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, and black peppercorns. Make sure the chicken is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or preferably overnight for the best flavor.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
  3. Brown the chicken: Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  4. Sauté onions: In the same skillet, add the sliced onions and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
  5. Return the chicken to the skillet, along with the reserved marinade. Add bay leaves and water. Bring to a boil.
  6. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Stir occasionally and adjust seasoning with salt if necessary.
  7. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the bay leaves and serve hot over steamed rice. Garnish with sliced green onions or cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken adobo

I made this for a cozy night in with my partner, and it was the perfect choice! The aroma of garlic filled the kitchen as it cooked, and the taste was even better. We both agreed that it tasted like something you'd find at a fancy restaurant. Highly recommend!

Back