Chicken Cacciatore

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! I just stumbled upon this amazing Chicken Cacciatore recipe while browsing YouTube, and I couldn't resist sharing it with you all! 🍽️🔥 But here's the twist – we're going to add a unique touch to the classic ingredients, making it even more delicious and flavorful! Let's get ready to elevate our taste buds with this culinary adventure! 🎉✨

Chicken Cacciatore (1).jpg

Chicken Cacciatore Ingredients:

• 4 chicken thighs
  • 2 chicken breasts with skin and backbone, halved crosswise
  • 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 3/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons drained capers
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
Directions:

1. Season the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in flour to lightly coat.
  2. In a large heavy sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes per side. If the chicken doesn't fit in the pan, sauté it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
  3. In the same pan, add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
  4. Add the tomatoes with their juice, chicken broth, capers, and oregano to the pan. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces and 20 minutes for the thighs.
  5. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If needed, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with basil and serve.

I'm beyond excited to try out this Chicken Cacciatore recipe! 🍽️💫 The blend of flavors and aromas is simply irresistible, and I can't wait to dive into this culinary adventure. Plus, adding a unique twist to the classic ingredients promises to take it to a whole new level of deliciousness! 🎉 Let's fire up the stove and embark on this mouthwatering journey together! 🔥👩‍🍳✨

Back