Chicken Fajita Bowls

Tim_05

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! đź‘‹ I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you: Chicken Fajita Bowls. These bowls are my go-to comfort food and perfect for a quick and satisfying meal.

Chicken Fajita Bowls (1).jpg

INGREDIENTS​

For the Chicken​

• 1 ½ pounds Chicken Breasts
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
  • ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

For the veggies​

• 1 poblano pepper thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
  • 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
  • ½ yellow onion thinly sliced
  • ½ red onion thinly sliced

For the Bowls​

• 3 cups steamed white rice
  • 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup Charred Corn
  • 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
  • 1 recipe Guacamole
  • Limes
  • Fresh Cilantro

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, about the size of your finger. Combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
  • Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken mixture, marinade included, and sautĂ© until fully cooked. Using a pair of tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and add the vegetables. SautĂ© until tender and charred. Add the chicken back into the cast iron skillet and toss to combine.
  • Serve in a bowl with rice, black beans, charred corn, chopped tomatoes, a big spoonful of guacamole and a wedge of lime.

Fajitas are always a hit in my household, and making them into bowls is such a brilliant idea! 🌮🥑 Can't wait to give this recipe a try.

Back