Chicken Fajitas Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes for a delicious, easy-to-make meal: Chicken Fajitas! It's a great option for both lunch and dinner, and it's always a hit in my house.

Ingredients:

• For the chicken marinade:
    • 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
    • 3 tbsp olive oil
    • Juice of 1 lime
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tsp chili powder
    • 1 tsp paprika
    • 1 tsp ground cumin
    • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • For the fajitas:
    • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
    • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
    • 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
    • 1 large onion, sliced
    • 2 tbsp olive oil
    • 8 small flour tortillas (or corn if you prefer)
  • Optional toppings:
    • Sour cream
    • Shredded cheese
    • Salsa
    • Guacamole
    • Fresh cilantro
    • Lime wedges
Instructions:

1. Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the sliced chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours for more flavor.
  2. Cook the chicken: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook until it's browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  3. Cook the vegetables: In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced bell peppers and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.
  4. Combine: Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the vegetables. Toss everything together and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until everything is heated through.
  5. Serve: Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or in the microwave. Fill each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
    Grilled chicken salad.jpg
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any variations that you love.

Back