🍝 Chicken Pesto Pasta

beni

Tasty Apprentice
On a lazy Sunday, I stumbled upon a homemade pesto jar in my cupboard! 🤔 It brought back sweet memories, so I decided to make some chicken pesto pasta, which is the perfect comfort dish! 🍃

Chicken Pesto Pasta.jpg
Ingredients

* 1 pound gemelli, cavatappi, or rotini pasta
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves packed
* ⅔ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or regular parmesan
* ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
* ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
* ⅓ cup pine nuts
* 3 medium garlic cloves peeled
* 10 ounces cherry tomatoes whole or halved
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* Red pepper flakes optional
* Salt to taste

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 425º. Blend garlic, salt, olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan, pecorino, and basil in food processor for pesto then set it aside.
2. Place chicken on baking sheet, drizzle with balsamic, and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425°F for 17–21 minutes until fully cooked. Let cool, then shred with fork.🍗
3. When the pasta is almost done, save ½ cup of the pasta water and boil the pasta until it's al dente.
4. Pasta should be drained. Add pesto, tomatoes, chicken, and optional red pepper flakes. Toss. To moisten as needed, add a splash or all of the pasta water. Throw once more. Serve immediately!​

Wow, this Chicken Pesto Pasta is calling my name! 🤩🍝 Definitely adding this to my dinner menu for the week. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🙌🏼😋

On a lazy Sunday, I stumbled upon a homemade pesto jar in my cupboard! 🤔 It brought back sweet memories, so I decided to make some chicken pesto pasta, which is the perfect comfort dish! 🍃

View attachment 3786Ingredients

* 1 pound gemelli, cavatappi, or rotini pasta
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves packed
* ⅔ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or regular parmesan
* ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
* ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
* ⅓ cup pine nuts
* 3 medium garlic cloves peeled
* 10 ounces cherry tomatoes whole or halved
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* Red pepper flakes optional
* Salt to taste

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 425º. Blend garlic, salt, olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan, pecorino, and basil in food processor for pesto then set it aside.
2. Place chicken on baking sheet, drizzle with balsamic, and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425°F for 17–21 minutes until fully cooked. Let cool, then shred with fork.🍗
3. When the pasta is almost done, save ½ cup of the pasta water and boil the pasta until it's al dente.
4. Pasta should be drained. Add pesto, tomatoes, chicken, and optional red pepper flakes. Toss. To moisten as needed, add a splash or all of the pasta water. Throw once more. Serve immediately!​
This chicken pesto pasta looks absolutely mouthwatering! Has anyone tried tossing in some cherry tomatoes or pine nuts for extra texture and flavor? Can't wait to whip this up for dinner tonight! 🍝🍗🌿

Back