Chicken Tamale Pie

SilentSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I stumbled upon a new recipe online that combines some of my favorite dishes in a unique way. I'm excited to share it with you all, and I hope you give it a try too!
  • Ingredients
    chicken-tamale-pie-secondary-64da954b55019.jpg

• Cooking spray
    • 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
    • 1/2 c. sour cream
    • 1 large egg
    • 1/2 c. corn kernels (canned, fresh, or frozen)
    • 2 tbsp. melted butter
    • 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
    • Kosher salt
    • 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
    • 3/4 c. enchilada sauce, divided
    • 1 c. shredded cheddar
    • 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
    • Freshly chopped cilantro and sour cream, for serving

Directions​

• Step 1
      Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9" ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together corn muffin mix, sour cream, egg, corn, and melted butter. Pour into prepared skillet and bake until golden, 15 minutes.
    • Step 2
      Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add taco seasoning and season with salt. Add chicken and 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce and stir until combined.
    • Step 3
      Poke holes all over cornbread with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour remaining 1⁄4 cup enchilada sauce over poked holes and top with chicken mixture.
    • Step 4
      Top with both cheeses and bake 20 minutes more.
    • Step 5
      Garnish with cilantro and sour cream before serving.

Wow, this Chicken Tamale Pie looks like a winner! I appreciate how simple and straightforward the ingredients are, yet they come together to create something so deliciously comforting. Definitely adding it to my meal rotation! :)

Hey everyone! I stumbled upon a new recipe online that combines some of my favorite dishes in a unique way. I'm excited to share it with you all, and I hope you give it a try too!
  • IngredientsView attachment 2126

• Cooking spray
    • 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
    • 1/2 c. sour cream
    • 1 large egg
    • 1/2 c. corn kernels (canned, fresh, or frozen)
    • 2 tbsp. melted butter
    • 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
    • Kosher salt
    • 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
    • 3/4 c. enchilada sauce, divided
    • 1 c. shredded cheddar
    • 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
    • Freshly chopped cilantro and sour cream, for serving

Directions​

• Step 1
      Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9" ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together corn muffin mix, sour cream, egg, corn, and melted butter. Pour into prepared skillet and bake until golden, 15 minutes.
    • Step 2
      Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add taco seasoning and season with salt. Add chicken and 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce and stir until combined.
    • Step 3
      Poke holes all over cornbread with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour remaining 1⁄4 cup enchilada sauce over poked holes and top with chicken mixture.
    • Step 4
      Top with both cheeses and bake 20 minutes more.
    • Step 5
      Garnish with cilantro and sour cream before serving.
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Chicken Tamale Pie sounds like a delicious and comforting dish. I can already imagine the flavorful combination of tender chicken, savory sauce, and cornbread topping, all baked to golden perfection. Plus, it's a great way to enjoy the flavors of tamales without the hassle of assembling individual ones. Can't wait to try making this Chicken Tamale Pie for a hearty and satisfying meal!

Chicken tamale pie is a comforting and delicious dish that combines the flavors of tender chicken, savory spices, and a cornbread crust, creating a meal that's sure to satisfy your cravings for hearty and flavorful comfort food! 🍗🌽🥧

Back